Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019/2020 Goals Thread

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Late to the party! My goals are....
1. Enjoy all the moments of each sit
2. Take my daughter out more and hopefully have her there for a harvest
3. Take my wife out for a couple hunts
4. Help others be successful
5. Grow as a hunter
7. Harvest a deer from my newest placed stand
8. Give back to those who allow me to hunt their property
9. Try some new recipes and think out the box when preparing a meal from my harvest.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I can't say much. I have been looking at purchasing a ghillie suit as well. Would be nice for staying mobile, not having to carry that weight.

A ghillie has some weight to them. Not like wearing regular camp clothing. That’s what I was told or read... damn age catching up to me.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well my goals are:
1. Spend time with my boys.
2. Do a lot more duck hunting early and get Pearls HRCH Title.
3. Hopefully get my boys a mature buck.
4. Hunt hard during the rut.
5. Enjoy the process, the little things along the journey.
6. Make everlasting memories with my boys so when they are at my age they will cherish these times and take their kids out enjoying the great outdoors.
7. Making a hunt in north Missouri w a friend on his leases last week of October, maybe, just maybe kill a good buck with my bow.
8. Take friends and the boys friends on as many hunts as possible....pass it on.
9. Make time for the wife to come up and spend time at the camp and make a hunt with me.
10. Catch plenty catfish between hunts at the camp.
11. Cook and eat our bounty at the camp.... and yes drink a few cold ones by the fire.
12. Mostly be thankful for the time we have here and pray for everyone’s safety.
13. Kill a few deer and hogs on public.
14. Enjoy my time away from work!

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I will find out. Walmart online had a smoking sale and I bought the last 2 for my son and I. They were $19 each. Pretty good deal.

Yeah that’s cheaper than you can make them. Fortunately your weather is more conducive to wearing one (colder). I’ve killed plenty of deer on the ground, it’s very doable.