Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Whos going where??

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I'm going to Tennessee to turkey and deer hunt. Will be in Kentucky again this year hopefully gonna have a lease signed here soon for there. And I'm gonna try to go to Georgia to bear hunt again if they pass the baiting law there like they have been talking I think we can kill a bear within a few days.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Man if he was using a Rage broadhead, I'll bet he cut it in half.. Real easy to carry out then ...

joejoe8

Put in for a limited entry unit in Utah but using the same area I hunted elk in Idaho as a backup. Buying points for Iowa for whitetail and Montana and Wy for elk. Still planning on my yearly rut hunt in Ohio.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I may come to Ohio in May and do some turkey hunting

September I'm headed to Idaho for an archery elk hunt

November I may deer hunt Ohio, but I'm not sure about that one yet.

February 2019 I'm headed to NM to hunt Barbary Sheep. Just found out I drew the tag!

October of 2019 I'm headed to CO for a rifle mule deer and elk hunt.

teej89

NE PA
Well I'm still all sorts of shook up, this year planned on doing general unit deer and elk in Montana. However knowing how their point system works we decided to apply for a hard to draw unit and when we didn't draw we'd collect our bonus point for the year. I picked a HD where our odds were 0.3% in our favor of drawing the only 5 non-resident tags, last year only 2 were rewarded with a cap of 5 non-resi tags maximum.

Just looked it up yesterday and my dad, bud and I (applied as a party so we all get a tag) drew our tags in the Missouri Breaks either-sex rifle elk tags! Guys apply 10-15yrs for this tag and we drew it on our first try, I feel more than blessed right now. I was in shock, I refreshed the page at least 10 times and am calling MT G&F today lol

Now the work starts, cancelled my beach vacation to save time and in the works on a summer trip out there for boots on the ground and then going to be out for 2 weeks, getting there 3 days before the season to try and locate some bulls for opening morning.

Isaacorps

Columbus
Well I'm still all sorts of shook up, this year planned on doing general unit deer and elk in Montana. However knowing how their point system works we decided to apply for a hard to draw unit and when we didn't draw we'd collect our bonus point for the year. I picked a HD where our odds were 0.3% in our favor of drawing the only 5 non-resident tags, last year only 2 were rewarded with a cap of 5 non-resi tags maximum.

Just looked it up yesterday and my dad, bud and I (applied as a party so we all get a tag) drew our tags in the Missouri Breaks either-sex rifle elk tags! Guys apply 10-15yrs for this tag and we drew it on our first try, I feel more than blessed right now. I was in shock, I refreshed the page at least 10 times and am calling MT G&F today lol

Now the work starts, cancelled my beach vacation to save time and in the works on a summer trip out there for boots on the ground and then going to be out for 2 weeks, getting there 3 days before the season to try and locate some bulls for opening morning.

Fantastic! Congrats!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA

That is awesome!!! congrats!

teej89

NE PA
I'm backing out of my September Idaho elk hunt. It sucks, but I need to save some money. 2019 is going to be an expensive year $$$ wise and vacation time wise.

I've heard awesome things about Idaho's OTC elk tags... I'm thinking we may be out there in 2019 and looking to draw in CO for mulies as well.

If you ever get a chance hit up SE Montana for a mule deer hunt, an absolute blast of a hunt!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Just found out Tennessee added a velvet hunt the end of August. So I'll be down there for that then I'll be in KY for there opener. I'm already getting fired up thinking there might be a chance to shoot velvet bucks in back to back weeks.. highly doubtful it will happen but never know.

Reactions: Bigslam51