Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Rut Report, County & Conditions

Cogz

Cogz
TX
I saw a doe and two fawns tonight. The doe worked two scrapes and i smelled the strongest estrous smell I've ever smelled in the wild. Unbelievably strong but only for moments then it was gone.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Bowhunter91

Heading to Brown county Monday for 10 days of pure joy being in the woods this time of year!! I’m 53 and I’m worse than any kid waiting on Santa the closer it gets!! When I lose that feeling it’ll be time to hang it up! #chasingnovember 🦌[emoji1018]

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Portage county - Saw 8 does yesterday with one acting real slinky like a dog who knew it was in trouble. She stayed real low to the ground and would stop to eat but only for a moment. Ran in circles basically for an hour. Saw another deer near it then she slowed down, but pretty confident it was another doe unless it was a button buck. Didnt get a good enough view to argue that it couldve been a buck tending to her.

Bowkills

Nw oh
Driving around a big buck locked on a doe in a yard 2 places from my aunts house this am. Almost got a shot in street clothes with my young kid n pjs standing next to me when they crossed her place. Ended up running through their yard between me and the house. Its kicking this am. Saw two other bigger bucks cruising around the same section. Nwoh

Jal5

Nothing but WIND this AM at my place. Couldn’t use the tree stand due to it. Ground blind almost blew down a couple of times
IMG_5864.JPG

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I’ve gotten more pics today on my cellular cam then I have all week. I’m all tagged out and sitting at camp and my phone has been vibrating all day. Lots of small bucks and does. Movement has definitely picked up!