Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

You've got one shot...

Qback5

As many have already said, Model 700...30-06 just because that's what is available in the cabinet. If Incouldnreally choose anything in the world, it would be the gun off a shoulder of a sniper that I would happen to know and trust---don't need to know what it is! Aside from that far fetched situation, the model 700 hands-down!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'd be more than happy to have my BIL's personally built RR AR with a Night Force scope(I think). With his hand loads it's capable of hitting a golf ball consistently at 100 yards.

Steelheadtracker

Really even 5.56/223 AR with iron sights would do fine. In the marine corps at the rifle range it was iron sights from 100 at the start all the way out to 500 yards.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ive had multiple times the round did not make it down the chamber on my 700. instead the tip of the round hit the top of the action and the breach. I dont hate the 700 or push feed actions but the 70 does have better round feeding and more positive ejection(there are lots of 700s that hardly eject cases). If i were going to build a bolt action again it would be on a 70, savage or tikka action.

I understand that. However why is it the US Military uses Rem 700 for sniper rifles? Surely thye don't use win 70 bolts.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Lol, same as the others, my Remington 700 30-06, 150gr. Then the AR. Fugging down right impressive what it does with open sights at 100yrds.

Last edited:

angelzd28

My Browning A-bolt in .308 with a Redfield 3x9 would easily do the trick. Bought it to hunt in Washington State when I lived out there and now I cant part with it back here in Ohio, Oh well its still fun to shoot!