Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Youth Gun Season

Hunter II

My oldest sons last youth hunt. Between football and a girlfriend it's been hard to get him out this year.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Luke warm J, but when the whities are in the river, yep. Lol!

Just keep em interested in that and see what happens.... Some times they walk away from it only to come back later because they miss it, or miss the comradely ......

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That stinks,but it's not for everyone. And who knows... maybe they'll change their minds one day.

I have two older brothers and neither hunt.
I'm one of 2 people in my family that hunt. The other is an uncle and he only gun hunts. My brother took his hunter safety course the same time as me and did horrible on it, has never hunted a day in his life lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Garrett was sorta forced to shoot today. I told him "I will NOT beg you to hunt. It is 100% up to you. I am making you shoot today though. IF for some reason you change your mind I need to know you can hit your mark." It has been discussed off and on the last few days. He has been "I don't know. Maybe Sunday evening." I told him I am not buying his license and tag if he isn't serious or he would be repaying me. I know this sounds harsh but I see it as accepting responsibility for his decisions. Fast forward to after we got done shooting. . . .He was on cloud nine. He just asked "Are we hunting in the morning?" I said I don't know. It is up to you. "Well I want to!" Okie dokie. Guess I need to buy a tag and license. It is on! (As was his shooting at 50yds off shooting sticks.)

Congrats to your nephew Carl! You too HunterII on your son!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Me and my buddy are taking his nephew in the morning the boy has a hard life at home his dad isn't around and his mom dates druggies. He really wants to kill a deer he said his dream would come true if he got one. So I'm gonna give it my all tomorrow for him. My daughter really wants to go again but now she wants to shoot one so next year I'll be buying a 44 rifle for her. I've killed 3 deer with her in the blind and she's all about it I know that will change when she gets older and doesn't think I'm cool to hang out with anymore.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So what are y'all thoughts on the high winds tomorrow? How will you hunt in it? What is your set up

Get him as warm as possible. Climb 17.5' into buddy stand. Hope the woods blocks enough wind to make it tolerable. Hope we get to shoot something early. If that doesn't work, maybe get down for a little still hunting? Bringing the Warm Bag out today as well. That will buy him a little more seat time. There is also the option of coming home, warming up, and then heading out this evening for the two of us.

Good luck to you all. Clay- I didn't know you can do that. You can serve them in your home if you choose. I didn't realize you could buy them a round in a public place. Was this pizza place in the Highland/Fayette County area? If so, I didn't realize they sold beer. lmao