Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

You and the 'Ol man ....

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Good thread Kevin!

My dad and I have not spent a ton of time together in the woods as he doesn't hunt much. He taught me the basics of moving slowly and being quiet when I was younger, but I am a self taught hunter across the board. There have been a few moments where we have shared in some success together. This first pic if the one and only time we ever killed deer on the same day. This was opening day of the 2003 shotgun season when we were still staying in the Deer Cabin at my uncle's farm.

This was after his first hunt on the farm back in 2005. He was supposed to take a nap and I went up to the back ridge to hunt over standing beans. The neighbors were driving and pushed this buck passed me. I rushed a shot with my muzzleloader and it ran straight to my dad who was looking for a tree to nap under. Literally shot this thing 5 minutes in to his first, and last hunt on the farm.

Good memories on paper, Jesse. You do look young as shit! Lmao.

Thanks for sharing.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
This is from around 1962 Riverdude (left) was about 1 year old, I (right) was about 4 years old. Pictured in the center is our grandfather. He is the man responsible for teaching us the basics of hunting, tracking, fishing and gun shooting /safety. How to sharpen a pocket knife and wood working. He always had a garden and a Beagle or two it the pen out back ... Grandpa Burch