Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Xbow scope recommendations

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
As I age it appears my eyes aren’t as good as they used too be. The first and last part of legal shooting time is giving me fits finding and picking out yardage marks on my current Nikon xbow scope.

I know @xbowguy Rick has mentioned the Hawke brand of scopes for overall scopes for the xbow. But that’s been a while ago and was just wondering if any other options are out there, or opinions of scopes you have experience with.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
The Ravin crossbows were making combos with vortex strike eagle scopes a few years ago.

I have whatever scope came with my tenpoint. It's technically a variable power scope but you can't use it as such and keep the different aiming points/hashes for the different ranges.

It's a second focal plane scope. That means that as you adjust the magnification the distance between the hash marks does NOT stay the same on your target. (It only stays the same in Firts Focal Plane scopes). So instead of being marked 2-? power it is marked with fps for your bolt speed.

Zero'ing it requires you to zero at the near distance and then move back to the father distance and move the "speed adjustment ring" or magnification ring until the other hash marks match the poi at that distance.

Reactions: "J"

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Wyvern creations take off scopes. Save the money and plenty of good options to choose from. I prefer the speed dial ten point scope but whichever direction you lean towards this is the best bang for the buck to get a good scope at partial price. For what it's worth Ive tried the hawks and wasn't impressed. However I do like their rifle scopes

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wyvern creations take off scopes. Save the money and plenty of good options to choose from. I prefer the speed dial ten point scope but whichever direction you lean towards this is the best bang for the buck to get a good scope at partial price. For what it's worth Ive tried the hawks and wasn't impressed. However I do like their rifle scopes
Thanks…. 👍🏼

Reactions: ThatBuckeyeGuy

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I like the ten point scope that came on my daughter's cross gun. Lighted pins while hunting in a blind is nice. Dimmable as well.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Hawke xb30. Awesome adjustments and gathers light. Gain 15 minutes in evening or morning. I see them on eBay from time to time.