Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Wool Sweater

Does anyones wives, sisters, aunts, grandma's ect knit? I really need a new wool sweater. I will pay to have someone knit me a size large henely wool sweater. The woman that made my last sweater has been dragging her feet and making excuses for the past year. I have considered taking up knitting just so i can get a replacement. I really need a new sweater for hunting and farm work.
If you know anyone that can make me a nice quality sweater please put me in touch with them.
264682_47901_41.jpeg

Something simlair to this but navy blue or olive green.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Army surplus store? I still wear the ugly brown sweater I bought at Ft Jackson 1993. All wool and warm. Ft Jackson doesn't issue cold weather gear and it dipped below freezing that winter. I never wore it outside of guard drills and now for hunting. It has held up well.

Army surplus store? I still wear the ugly brown sweater I bought at Ft Jackson 1993. All wool and warm. Ft Jackson doesn't issue cold weather gear and it dipped below freezing that winter. I never wore it outside of guard drills and now for hunting. It has held up well.

We had a few surplus sweaters we used as I began hunting. Nothing warmer for an extra layer. Kind of forgot about wool til this thread and those sweaters are long gone from all the wear, tear and holes in them.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I still wear the waffle shirts and the brown sweater. They work great and keep you warm while on stand.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I wanted to add another Cabelas windproof pullover sweater to my clothes cache so I had one for waterfowl/work and another for deer that stays clean. I knew Bass Pro's acquisition would do harm to the classic Cabelas stuff like that sweater and their chamois shirts, which were always a much higher quality than Bass Pro's. You guys talking LL Bean got me on their website and they had a sale going on. I've never owned anything from them until last night.

Bass Pro, get ya shit together and bring back the good Cabelas stuff!!!

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
I wanted to add another Cabelas windproof pullover sweater to my clothes cache so I had one for waterfowl/work and another for deer that stays clean. I knew Bass Pro's acquisition would do harm to the classic Cabelas stuff like that sweater and their chamois shirts, which were always a much higher quality than Bass Pro's. You guys talking LL Bean got me on their website and they had a sale going on. I've never owned anything from them until last night.

I have a ll bean winter jacket that is at least 40 years old - still in great shape after heavy use - had to have zipper replaced - good quality stuff

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Mack's Prairie Wings Windproof Sweater

I bought this as a gift the girls could give me for Christmas, but I'm wearing it as I type. Holy shit is this thing warm! I think it's warmer than my Cabelas version and with the fleece lined collar, I like it better because it covers your neck more than the Cabelas version. Definitely too warm to wear while walking in that's for sure!

Reactions: Isaacorps

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County

Yea I dreaded it when I found out that Base Pro bought Cabela’s I knew there stuff was going to go to shit.