Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

What's good? Hunting turkeys; ducks on the 8th tee box; and fishing with the guys for the weekend. Been a blessed day y'all. I'm checking out until Sunday evening. Everybody have a safe and fun weekend. Peace out!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What's good is, my family and I meeting my folks in Hocking Hills at my cousins chalet for Mother Day weekend! My cuz has a pretty good thing going on with 4 chalets on 47 acres right smack dab in the middle of all the neat sights in the Hocking Hills area off Big Pine Rd. My bro and his fam will hook up with us on Sunday but until then my cuz and his wife and me and mine will be soaking in the hottub after the kids go to bed and drinking some cold ones and catching up. I don't get TOO see my folks or any of my family as much as I want these days so spending time with them for Mothers Day will be my main focus. Hope ya'll have a great weekend TOO!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
What's good is, my family and I meeting my folks in Hocking Hills at my cousins chalet for Mother Day weekend! My cuz has a pretty good thing going on with 4 chalets on 47 acres right smack dab in the middle of all the neat sights in the Hocking Hills area off Big Pine Rd. My bro and his fam will hook up with us on Sunday but until then my cuz and his wife and me and mine will be soaking in the hottub after the kids go to bed and drinking some cold ones and catching up. I don't get TOO see my folks or any of my family as much as I want these days so spending time with them for Mothers Day will be my main focus. Hope ya'll have a great weekend TOO!

Sounds like an awesome weekend ahead, have fun!!!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

Sounds like a fun time right there. Great area as well. My wife and I stayed at some chalets down there a few years ago. What are the prices running down there now ? My anniv. is comming up again soon lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think I might have a truck sold! 76yr old man came to drive a truck I have for sale. Said his was in the barn when the tornado took both his barns out over by Celina. Asked if he could take it to his mechanic. I said sure. I have nothing to hide. Mechanic might find some minor things, but nothing I didn't already tell him. Window slides off track on passenger side if you get in a hurry, and AC needs to be recharged. I call this a "puppy dog sale". I told him just to drive it home, I trusted him. He laughed and said "Here's one of my cards where you can get ahold of me." It said "Victory Chapel: United Brethren in Christ." He is the pastor there. lol No wonder I felt I could trust him!

Funny part about this is he was on the fence about his old truck. Then he just decided he was ready for a newer one anyway. His had 300k miles on it and the tornado hurt it pretty bad. You gotta love this generation of people. They are not the wasteful pukes of the younger generations. Seemed like a real good man. Wish me luck on this one. Truck sells itself though. I am 99% sure after driving it home he is going to fall in love with it. It is a one ton 4x4 that drives like a Cadillac!

twireman

Kingston, OH
Good luck w/ the sale hicks.
What's good here.....working on getting camper ready for season. My turkey going in the oven later. The rain may stay away. Happy Saturday!

Killed that bird again today!! MMMMMM!!!
IMG_20110507_181107.jpg

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Truck is SOLD!

Took my Mom (and Dad) out to Cracker Barrel with Erin and the kids for Mother's Day.

Cranked out some mowing today solo. This is not common. I won't lie to you. My allergies and back are killing me because of it. I rarely mow because of the allergies/lower back.

Delivered some river rock today and the guy is interested in the other truck I have for sale!

Been a pretty darn good day!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Congrats Hicks! Amazing how things work out. The big man up above surely has a plan.

Looking good twire, congrats on the bird TOO!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Truck is SOLD!

Took my Mom (and Dad) out to Cracker Barrel with Erin and the kids for Mother's Day.

Cranked out some mowing today solo. This is not common. I won't lie to you. My allergies and back are killing me because of it. I rarely mow because of the allergies/lower back.

Delivered some river rock today and the guy is interested in the other truck I have for sale!

Been a pretty darn good day!

Sounds like a good day Hicks!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Very productive mother's day. I do my mother-in-laws yard work, so I met my mom for lunch, spent some time with her, then took advantage of the sunshine. I got both yards (mine and hers) mowed and trimmed, as well as my mother-in-laws sprayed and the walks blew off. Came home and split a truck load and a half of cherry wood for campfires and picked up my garage a little bit. Still had time to sit down to a nice ribeye steak and deep fried morels with my wife for supper. Today was a good day!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Deer steaks for lunch. Invited a buddy over I hunt with since my wife didn't want any. They were already thawed out and I sure didn't want to eat half and throw away half. My wife even sauteed some onions/mushrooms for us. Fixed up some mac n cheese and ate like king's for lunch. Darn good meal. Then my wife thought she would be funny, so she turned the lights out and carried a lit candle over to the bar to set in between us. She said we could now enjoy our "bromantical candlelit dinner". She is a riot!:tantrum::smiley_blackeye: