Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What would be your dream hunt?

Huckleberry Finn

Moose - don't care if it's Alaska or Maine, just want to shoot a huge ass one.

I might say Canada / Maine for moose (bow) and then do a bear hunt in Alaska (gun)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think I'll jump on the Alaska bandwagon too!! Just about anything and everything up there.

Since that likely will never be in the cards for me my goal is to hunt wolves in Canada within the next 5 years......

A wolf hunt crossed my mind as well. Glad I was not the only one. I would think a realistic wolf hunt would not include my bow. It would be hard enough to hunt them with a gun. Bow would be nearly impossible in a short time frame.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Honestly, I'd say a whitetail bow hunt in early November in either Kansas or Iowa. A close second would be a bow hunt for moose in Canada.

I agree with the Iowa hunt, that seems like it is just unbelievable.

Ricer2231

I do have to admit a dream hunt of mine is coming true next year. I have booked a black bear hunt in Maine next year in the last week of August. I can't wait!

A wolf hunt crossed my mind as well. Glad I was not the only one. I would think a realistic wolf hunt would not include my bow. It would be hard enough to hunt them with a gun. Bow would be nearly impossible in a short time frame.

I agree, thinking I would like to use the muzzleloader for that one. Here is Tim Wells from Relentless Pursuit who recently shot a wolf up in Ontario with his bow after 11 years of trying.....guess it weighed almost 200 lbs.

TimWolfKill1-169x300.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This is something that has changed a good bit over the years for me and in all honesty, I'd have a hard time picking something. The most realistic trip that I will take on my own dime went from a whitetail hunt in Iowa/Illinois to a flooded timber hunt in Arkansas for duck. If I had to take any trip today, going to the mecca of ducks for a 3-4 day shoot would be at the top of my list. But if we are talking a "dream" hunt, one that I'll never be able to afford, then it would be a toss up between Africa and Alaska. Africa is a place I have always wanted to visit and while killing big game there would not be the best part of the trip to me, I would still enjoy the hell out of it. I've always said I'd like to kill a male lion with my bow and would attempt to do so if given the opportunity. As for the Alaska trip, hunting brown bear and moose with a bow would be something awesome as well! Shooting elk somewhere in Montana has always been on my list, but that is hopefully something I can pull off on my own dime someday...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
An elephant hunt in Africa.

I know a fella that killed one with his bow. After hearing the story, there is no way in heck I'd even consider doing that! The PHs wound up having to keep the natives at bay by shooting at them so they could get "hero photos" before the natives tore the thing apart. he said when the villagers finished, there wasn't even blood on the ground. I have no desire to see people starving for protein like that.