Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What was the first album you ever purchased?

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
View attachment 182167View attachment 182168

Alright, had to go on the search and found one tote. There's another that's full too. I forgot exactly how many I have, but most of the goodies of classic rock of my time growing up. Now I suppose I'll play around with them today. Thanks fellas! 😃
20230807_131153.jpg

Currently into some housekeeping within the storage areas since it's raining outdoors at the moment and rediscovering some more good stuff once again. 😎

The CD disk caddy is full, 1 of 2, & 💿s are from out my 22 year old f250 pickup truck, which it's stereo player does offer both cassette & CD playing options for whatever my 🎶 medium of choice would be for the moment 😀

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
A little history regarding both the cassettes and the CDs. The box of music cassettes are from when I started collecting them about mid 80's, and the CD's came about all throughout the 90's and well into the early 2000's.

The box of cassettes went everywhere I went pretty much during my military days. because there was nothing but county music in the locations I was stationed at. I like all music BTW, pretty much. Anyhow, I had a real nice boom box at the time and a pickup truck with a custom sound system in it that I installed. Both systems got used on those cassettes. Trust me, I loved it and needed it! They have been all over the country with me, and in some places, far away from anywhere, very remote.
The CDs came when I traveled away from home a lot for work after the military. They were always in one of the vehicles when I needed to make some distance. The CDs have been everywhere this side of the Mississippi, and occasional on the other side a couple of times perhaps.

Each collection have some mileage on them and most are in excellent shape still. Some of the more used cassettes will give me fits at times, but no different then decades ago.

I don't play any of them much nowadays because of all the newer technology readily available whenever. I still have fun playing disc jockey for the wife though. "It's been a while" since that's happen with any of the old stuff. Who knows, might give it a whirl. We have a concert we'll be attending this week. Looking forward to it. Good music, boos and take it all in. Oh-yeah, I'm a bit over due.

Anyhow, a little history pertaining to those items in the last photograph I posted on the thread, thanks!

Last edited:

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
A little history regarding both the cassettes and the CDs. The box of music cassettes are from when I started collecting them about mid 80's, and the CD's came about all throughout the 90's and well into the early 2000's.

The box of cassettes went everywhere I went pretty much during my military days. because there was nothing but county music in the locations I was stationed at. I like all music BTW, pretty much. Anyhow, I had a real nice boom box at the time and a pickup truck with a custom sound system in it that I installed. Both systems got used on those cassettes. Trust me, I loved it and needed it! They have been all over the country with me, and in some places, far away from anywhere, very remote.
The CDs came when I traveled away from home a lot for work after the military. They were always in one of the vehicles when I needed to make some distance. The CDs have been everywhere this side of the Mississippi, and occasional on the other side a couple of times perhaps.

Each collection have some mileage on them and most are in excellent shape still. Some of the more used cassettes will give me fits at times, but no different then decades ago.

I don't play any of them much nowadays because of all the newer technology readily available whenever. I still have fun playing disc jockey for the wife though. "It's been a while" since that's happen with any of the old stuff. Who knows, might give it a whirl. We have a concert we'll be attending this week. Looking forward to it. Good music, boos and take it all in. Oh-yeah, I'm a bit over due.

Anyhow, a little history pertaining to those items in the last photograph I posted on the thread, thanks!
I sold my huge collect of cassette tapes and 8 tracks at a yard sale years ago. Still have many cds and of course my vinyl albums. Today my music is stored on thumb drives that I keep in my vehicles. I’ve downloaded all of the music I’ve ever owned to my computer and keep adding to it when new stuff comes out that I like, so I’m always updating the thumb drives.

Reactions: Wildlife

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I sold my huge collect of cassette tapes and 8 tracks at a yard sale years ago. Still have many cds and of course my vinyl albums. Today my music is stored on thumb drives that I keep in my vehicles. I’ve downloaded all of the music I’ve ever owned to my computer and keep adding to it when new stuff comes out that I like, so I’m always updating the thumb drives.
Same, I have music everywhere now digitally, and it's awesome! A few thumb drives for the caddy of course, but you can even stream from the car system, or through a mobile device to it's stereo system. Yeah, definitely appreciated and much nicer nowadays when it comes to listening to music. I never cared to lug around all the old stuff back in the day. The CD caddies, there's one for each pickup truck. Usually sitting right behind the passenger seat.

Just a big music lover, always have been and always will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sgt Fury

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
First 8 track tape we wore out was Waylon Jennings Greatest Hits
Bestest cassette tapes of many I’ve owned were Sammy Hagar Standing Hampton, Foreigner 4, Eagles Greatest Hits, Queen Live Killers, Motley Crue Dr Feelsgood, Hank Jr The Pressure is On, Van Halen Best of Both Worlds, OU812, 5150 and 1984….🤟🏻😎