Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Weather

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Hey Joe,

Do you feel like your back home with this warm weather and high humidity? lmao

Anybody that works in climate controlled buildings.....Feel very LUCKY lol. Working outside all day or in buildings with no fans or AC sucks!!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hey Joe,

Do you feel like your back home with this warm weather and high humidity? lmao

Anybody that works in climate controlled buildings.....Feel very LUCKY lol. Working outside all day or in buildings with no fans or AC sucks!!!!

Hell. This is a early spring day back home. Lol It was like this in February.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If you don't mind me asking, what does one of those run?

Picked mine up at an auction for $1250. Never been used. New I believe was in the $2200-2500 range. Mine is a 10k generator. As with anything, you can always spend more. I have seen some BIG boys hooked to 100-150hp tractors running some huge farms. Not a clue how much one of those would run.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
In the end I will need a 17kw generator. It takes 15kw just to start my water furnace on the geothermal.

After thinking about it, I think mine might be 15k. Next size up was 20-24 range Ben. If memory serves correct they were in the $3k range but you would need to ensure your tractor could run it. Should be able to. You were in the 30-40hp tractor range? Mine is 30hp but that might be at the engine not the PTO. Cant remember anything anymore. Lmao

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I don't know how you southern fuggers lived Joe lmao. That 93% humidity yesterday sucked lol.

We are about to get hammered again in a few minutes. Should make the afternoon go by faster fixing all the crap that gets knocked down and lighning damaged equipment to replace lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah Adam, your storms just came through over here as well..... No damage just lots of rain and thunder/lightning and the temps dropped about 15 degrees.....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Yeah Adam, your storms just came through over here as well..... No damage just lots of rain and thunder/lightning and the temps dropped about 15 degrees.....

Ended up working an hour and a half over but we got by lol. Now tomorrow should be fun lol. Guess this weather pattern is going to be around for the next 2 weeks. I think we have had enough rain already lol. My poor yard is now a swamp.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
We are having us a genuine, certified and flat out frog choker right not...holy cow pissin on a flat rock!!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah we got hit and the people too the south of us lost power, saw a huge flash then loud explosion and missed the fireball coming out of the transformer... Always a sight too see lol....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
We are having us a genuine, certified and flat out frog choker right not...holy cow pissin on a flat rock!!!!

Bearing is bad on the enclosed trailer and I have $1500 in lumber/fixtures to haul today. Guess I wake up every hour to check the rain. It is supposed to stop until the afternoon.

Maybe open trailer with a bunch of tarps...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was getting ready to leave this morning to take the baby to my moms and a toad strangler hit us. I'm not sure I've ever seen that much rain fall in such a short period of time. Flat out amazing.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
What did he haul that would tear up the bearings?

I was letting him use it (for a year) on a business start up he had going. Apparently never checked them. Now it isn't just the bearings that are screwed. I haven't pulled it apart yet. Won't be TOO expensive of a fix but I don't need another project.