Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Voting

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
20231107_065433.jpg lol 😂😂😂

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Voted

The most interesting race in our county isn't one I could vote in, but my eyes are on a mayor's race that could really demonstrate the power of elections at a local level. If the incumbent gets beat, absolute chaos will ensue and that effects my day job, so I'm glued to that one.

Any other local issues that folks are following closely?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Did anyone happen to read the equity and inclusion BS language in issue 2? I did, and it got a no from me due to it. I'm so sick of that stuff. Doesn't matter, not like they needed my vote anyways.
Yes, and it also turned my stomach, but I read a lot of legislation and DEI is in everything. It wasn't enough for me to say no to a freedom we should have had a long time ago. There was never going to be a perfectly written piece of legislation for this, so it had to be good enough for when the moment was right. It piggy-backed well on Issue 1 and by allowing personal growth, they hit the thing that many people did not like about the last version. I'm hopeful that over time, the law can be amended and perhaps the tax revenue can go places where it will actually make an impact.