Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Venison Meatloaf

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
IMG_0146.jpeg
IMG_0145.jpeg
IMG_0144.jpeg
This is my favorite meatloaf recipe. I was eating a meatloaf sandwich for lunch today, thinking about @giles lunchmeat thread, and realized I should probably share this. The oven is easy but I actually prefer to cook this on my pellet grill at 350 degrees.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Awesome!!

Huge, huge venison meatloaf lover here! The wife has her own recipe. I'll asked her if she's willing to share or compare notes of what you have goin on. Probably my favorite sandwich of all-time too :unsure: along with leftover Thanksgiving and/or X-mas dinners. I don't ask for much out of the wife, but verison meatloaf is definitely somethin I ask for regularly cause I know I'll get days of those wonderful leftovers lunch sandwiches afterwards. Oh-yeah, mouth is watering up big-time right now for one, me hungry, thanks for the reminder and the recipe!

Reactions: jagermeister

Jamie

Ohio
Every time I make venison meatloaf I make a double batch. I always cook it in a disposable aluminum loaf pan, so I make two meatloaves and cook one, vacuum seal the other, loaf pan and all. Easy peasy second meatloaf dinner sometime later. I might actually like a leftover meatloaf sammich better than fresh from the oven. It's a toss-up. :geek:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yup, love me some deer loaf! I use my grandmas meatloaf recipe and just substitute beef for deer. Same with her Sloppy Joe recipe but when I do it’s called, Sloppy Does.😎😜

Your recipe looks killer too Jim!

Love my meatloaf sammiches cold just as good warmed. 🤗👍🏻

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Meatloaf, mashed taters and green beans are my favorite meal. Will definitely try your recipe. Thx
Yes sir. Get ya some good yukon gold taters and mash 'em up, with a side of fresh green beans, and that heavenly meatloaf... That's "last meal" worthy right there.
Every time I make venison meatloaf I make a double batch. I always cook it in a disposable aluminum loaf pan, so I make two meatloaves and cook one, vacuum seal the other, loaf pan and all. Easy peasy second meatloaf dinner sometime later. I might actually like a leftover meatloaf sammich better than fresh from the oven. It's a toss-up. :geek:
Here lately I've been making a 3 lb loaf. I usually invite some friends or neighbors over for the first meal, then we'll pick on the leftovers for a few days at least. It's hard to beat a good meatloaf for the simplicity, ease, and sheer value that's in it.

Jamie

Ohio
Sounds good, Mike! I must say that I gave up on making breakfast sausage with venison. Nothing but pork shoulder in my breakfast sausage nowadays.

Must be a meatloaf kind of day. I made three 2 1/2 lb loaves today, one of which is in the oven now. I'll be making breakfast sausage in a few weeks after squirrel season ends. Along with canning rats, grinding venison and making other sausages.