Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey Load

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hevi Shot 3" #5s. With a factory Remington super full choke. Longest kill with it is 68 yards. Closest kill was 7 steps. Lol

Gordo

Athens County
62, 59, 68...... good lord. That's reaching out and touching one!

Impressive. I guess all it takes is one piece of shot in the right place and it's game over. I've clearly been under estimating the effective range for killing. Still like the idea of blasting one that's a couple steps from the muzzle

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
62, 59, 68...... good lord. That's reaching out and touching one!

Impressive. I guess all it takes is one piece of shot in the right place and it's game over. I've clearly been under estimating the effective range for killing. Still like the idea of blasting one that's a couple steps from the muzzle
Although I don't gun hunt turkeys, I do watch a lot of turkey hunting videos. The thing you have to consider is not every shell/choke combo will work out of every gun. You have to play around with the combos to see what your gun likes.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Gordo those long distance shots Im guessing are in the open field and as luck would have it, it only takes 1 pellet to kill them if you can hit that pea sized brain.
Ive shot them at less than 5 yards and removed half their head and watched them flop for 10 seconds or better and Ive also shot them at 25 yards and they never even quiver. I never understood the " I killed him so dead that he never even moved after he hit the dirt." Ive watched guys decapitate them with Gobbler Guillotine's with bows and they flop like crazy.

Good luck Gordo.