Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tomorrow is the big day!

Derek j

Knox Co.
Got all the tests done, and the X-rays showed it is in my lungs. I have to go back next Thursday for a CT scan to see how bad it is on the lungs, then an EKG to see if it is in my heart. After all those tests I have to see the opthamologist to see if it is in my eyes. The good news is that my breathing test came back way above what they would consider normal for my height and age, so that's a plus. It may be on my lungs, but not affecting function yet. I will start a new treatment of immuno-suppressors that others have had a lot of success with sending it back into remission. If all the tests go well next week, I will stick with the medication I start tomorrow, and then visit them in 3 months to see if progress is being made. If it is in my heart, they treat it aggressively, which means chemo from my understanding. So now I play another round of the waiting game until next week!

Derek j

Knox Co.
I dont think they consider it a form of cancer. They just treat it like cancer in certain circumstances. I'm staying on the "not worried" side until they tell me to start worrying. No sense in getting all worked up over nothing right now. Plus I dont need the added stress on top of nursing school and family.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Glad too see you're keeping a positive attitude Derek.... That helps more than anything as well you know..... Here's hoping nothing but good things in the future.... :smiley_coolpeace:

Derek j

Knox Co.
Had the CT scan, EKG, and eye exam today. They didnt find it in my eyes, and the EKG looked good, but that only measures the electrical impulses. I think I freaked the lady out doing the EKG when I grabbed the strip she printed out and started deciphering it....LOL. Nursing school comes in handy when your having crap done on yourself. The Optho did tell me the CT scan showed it on my lungs and lymph nodes.....But she didnt know how bad cause she didnt have the images. So now I just have to wait for the doc to email me with the results. Next phase is to destroy my immune system, and get this crap in remission! Thanks for all the prayers....they are greatly appreciated!!!