Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TIL (Today I Learned)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Last night ... & today I learned that if you go to replace your inline water filter & the o ring seal is wore out, you'll have no water in the house until properly replaced.

Nah. Today you learned to always keep a tube of gasket maker handy.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Today I learned traffic in Cleveland at 230pm on a Friday while towing a skid loader sucks. Could have been worse for sure. Could have been 4pm or 5pm.

Also learned if you just wing it on the way home and then try to use your phone to navigate. . . .You might have been better just winging it. Think I went from Cleveland to Findlay via San Antonio.

Today I learn how big of bitches most chicks are to each other. While out at a restaurant with the Jessie i observed how women looked at and at how they communitcated non verbally with each other or in passing. Fake smiles dirty looks sneers comments about what the other chick was wearing or whatever were the norm. I wasnt naive enough to believe otherwise. However this is the first time ive actually taken time to watch this most fascinating interaction between the "gentler" sex.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Stay tuned Archer. You just paid attention to the back cover. Flip it over and you will find the book has endless pages and chapters. "Jeer, snarl, cackle, whisper whisper behind the back. (Girl walks in on conversation.) Smile, higher pitched friendly voice, superficial and fake hellos." My wife loves her work at the hospital. She left 10yrs in sales in a male dominated field to become a nurse. She dealt with cheuvanistic, a-holes and harassment in the male dominated sales world but she expected it and ignored it. It is hard for her to escape the drama in the medical field. There are some mean and fake women out there. (Men too.) She loves her work but has to work hard to avoid drama and catty train wrecks. They aren't all like this. Just seems like they feed on each other in the medical field.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Today I learn how big of bitches most chicks are to each other. While out at a restaurant with the Jessie i observed how women looked at and at how they communitcated non verbally with each other or in passing. Fake smiles dirty looks sneers comments about what the other chick was wearing or whatever were the norm. I wasnt naive enough to believe otherwise. However this is the first time ive actually taken time to watch this most fascinating interaction between the "gentler" sex.
I think the only time their "gentler side comes out is when it is for their offspring, otherwise bitches be vicious!

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
TIL that Kroger only sells the flats of a brisket because people wont buy the point because of the additional marbling and most of the prime beef Kroger gets only sells on clearance because people thinks its an inferior cut due tothe visibly increased marbling.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Took five guys just under two hours to load it. About 600 bails." J" i'm almost afraid to site that gun in because there might not be anything wrong with the sites. I could blame the bad shooting on the brush then lol!!!

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Today I seen a guy learn not to place his hand near the turbo intake on a Detroit diesel series 60 engine while its hooked up to a dyno running 2800 RPM, needless to say it involved one finger lost, the other 3 mangled and plenty of skin and other stuff missing!!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
TIL that Kroger only sells the flats of a brisket because people wont buy the point because of the additional marbling and most of the prime beef Kroger gets only sells on clearance because people thinks its an inferior cut due tothe visibly increased marbling.
Mine wants $5.19 a pound for one. Told them to fugg off. Lol

Costco brother...Costco. or Restaurant Depot.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Today I seen a guy learn not to place his hand near the turbo intake on a Detroit diesel series 60 engine while its hooked up to a dyno running 2800 RPM, needless to say it involved one finger lost, the other 3 mangled and plenty of skin and other stuff missing!!
And a ruined turbo...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Today I learned a 55 year old body and 6 hours of cutting up a beech tree don't mix lmao..... Thank God for Motrin lmao.....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Why do we serve lemon with fish?

The custom of serving a slice of lemon with fish dates back to the Middle Ages. It was believed that if a person accidentally swallowed a fish bone, the lemon juice would dissolve it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Why do we serve lemon with fish?

The custom of serving a slice of lemon with fish dates back to the Middle Ages. It was believed that if a person accidentally swallowed a fish bone, the lemon juice would dissolve it.

Here I thought it made them taste better lmao....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I do sometimes wash my hands with lemmon juice after cleaning a mess of fish. Absolutely kills the smell.

Huckleberry Finn

Today I learned or reaffirmed how much stuff I have learned in this crowd and from these folks. from the obsessed to weekend warriors, this is a highly experienced group of hunters.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I used every fish smell killing trick there was after cleaning 'em. Now I wear gloves. Best solution ive found...and i look like a cool surgeon.