Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thompson/Center Arms

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I plan to. Edison was a real prick too but I don't plan on giving up batteries, light bulbs or house voltage.
IMG_9617.jpeg

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Man, didn't realize you guys personally knew these fellas good enough to be throwing these rocks🤣
If you know something that nobody else knows tell us. Have to believe by reading this far you know the fella. Otherwise I will believe the 20k other people who have called this guy out for being a POS and poacher.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I just live in Milan, Edison was born here WAY before me.

I'm not looking to start anything, I'm just saying I don't agree with running ppl in the ground unless you actually know em. Whether that's a business owner today, or a world changing inventor.

Reactions: Isaacorps

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I just live in Milan, Edison was born here WAY before me.

I'm not looking to start anything, I'm just saying I don't agree with running ppl in the ground unless you actually know em. Whether that's a business owner today, or a world changing inventor.
It appears he has ran his own reputation into the ground to me. I do agree with your statement though. I'm not trying to start anything either, other then letting folks know they may want to research before they support this company. I knew nothing about it until someone alerted me recently, and I didn't have to dig much at all to find info. There is such an overwhelming amount of discussion about it, I find it hard to believe that it is all is made up, and i think as hunters we should hold our own accountable regardless of their status. Ill admit to being so sickend by current hunting "industry" I cant find much room to give the benifit of the doubt to these type anymore. Ultimately there's plenty of options out there for consumers, they can choose as they wish.

Last edited:
All of the gossip aside, I wish this guy all the best with getting T/C off the ground and back into the market. The big "however", is with what all he's up against in the industry. :unsure:
The major rifle companies are: Savage, Winchester, Remington, Howa, Ruger, Weatherby and a few others that I'm missing. Then there's rifle companies that have not been in market all that long, but have certainly made their mark as a reputable rifle, like: Mossberg, CVA (recently purchased by Bergara) and Bergara. :) The man certainly has his work cut out for himself. o_O

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
The way I see it if people knew the real story of just half the people they deal with and purchase goods from daily you'd have no vehicle, no tools, no gas , no food , no clothes , no house , you name it... I'm all for beating my chest and wanting the best of the best with good intentions and good production in mind but let's face it... nobody here has the money to truly do that. We look the other way and ignore things to purchase the things we need and want in life.. I can sit and Google articles on every owner and stock holder of who's a part of the things i own and pay for but in reality what good will that do me. If I'm buying something that makes financial and usable sense for my families daily needs and wants then so be it . If the owners or partners of said goods are getting rich off of me when they don't live a stellar lifestyle then so be it , as long as life is good and rolling on the small ass piece of dirt I work my ass off for and call home then to me it is what it Is let them have their cake. I can't say I would have ever admitted that before but in today's world let's be honest , I'll buy whatever I need or want that's best suited in my budget regardless of what the story is behind the "crooks" that are on the very top of it . To buy 100 percent from truly good people that have never done wrong is to expensive and honestly just doesn't exist lol . In the end they don't affect my nightly routine, just the product they deliver. Call me nieve and a pussy and I'll take that all day long. In the end in these days we do what we do to get by for our wants and needs and regardless of what we say to a crowd we usually do opposite of how we feel just to get by. Not trying to derail this thread at all or start chest bumping wars but I'll say this , I'm an American and I fought for and did nasty shit for this flag but at the same time I also realize my limitation to control the products available to me and I have to bend to meet my needs and wants tis is what it Is. If I see a cool ass new Thompson in a caliber I desire for the right price or a stunning new smoke pole I'll probably drop the cash regardless of who's pulling the strings on top of the people making it just saying ;) . To each their own that's the badass part of living where we do , whether right or wrong we all get to decide our own actions and that Includes what we buy to tickle our own stinker :ROFLMAO:. Carry on fellas!

Last edited:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Whatever legal problems Ritz has had he must not have been convicted of anything serious or he couldn't be a manufacturer.

"the ATF will not issue a Federal Firearms License (FFL) to a convicted felon who has been found guilty of a crime that could result in a year or more in prison. The ATF considers felons to be "prohibited persons" and does not allow them to buy, sell, transport, receive, or manufacture firearms or ammunition."

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Reactions: 5Cent

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
All I'm saying is I hope TC gets back up and running and he sells it off. Nothing in his character or about his hunting. Just seems every business he gets his name behind takes a crap. Hate to see that happen to TC twice.

Wiley E Coyote

Very disturbing story! If this is true I will not support his new company. Murder a whitetail just for a TV show and show no respect for the animals life at all! I have a older Encore 50cal and slug barrel a Hawkins and a classic 22 semi auto. All are great guns so I know they have built great firearms in the past but would never support anyone that would disrespect hunting in a manner like this! I need to do some more digging. I'm surprised he still has his TV show and that we haven't heard more about this until now

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Very disturbing story! If this is true I will not support his new company. Murder a whitetail just for a TV show and show no respect for the animals life at all! I have a older Encore 50cal and slug barrel a Hawkins and a classic 22 semi auto. All are great guns so I know they have built great firearms in the past but would never support anyone that would disrespect hunting in a manner like this! I need to do some more digging. I'm surprised he still has his TV show and that we haven't heard more about this until now
I bet you would be surprised how many of the big shots with TV shows have done similar things that we will never hear about. They all have incredible lawyers. Lots of money helps too. Either way, it's good at very least to have information to make an informed decision. Some folks could care less which is completely fine if thats who they want to support, and some items maybe we can't afford to care. A firearm isn't a necessity for us live though (such as food, electricity and gasoline), and we have plenty of other options when it comes time to purchase a gun or hunting supplies. To each their own. I'll choose to not support a hunting company with an owner that is overwhelmingly marred in controversy for doing questionable or illegal things on different occasions involving wildlife violations. A very easy decision in this situation in my world.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tipmoose and 5Cent

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Preach it!

I always liked "To crush your enemies. See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."

On Google I found a story on Ritz from 2011 from Too. Ky fined him $50000 for stuff they were doing on that T/C property they had down there
That must be the story I was thinking about when I recall him being in trouble years ago. Never understood how he recovered reputation wise since then but it sounds like he's had more recent issues from what others are posting. IDK. Always liked Thomson Center tho, hope it thrives as a US company no matter who is in charge.

Reactions: Tipmoose

LonewolfNopack

The woods
That must be the story I was thinking about when I recall him being in trouble years ago. Never understood how he recovered reputation wise since then but it sounds like he's had more recent issues from what others are posting. IDK. Always liked Thomson Center tho, hope it thrives as a US company no matter who is in charge.
I don't think he recovered his reputation.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The manager of the hunt camp took the brunt of the charges and was facing prison time. Not sure if he actually spent anytime in prison but he was the fall guy. From what I read/remember.