Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

There's a storm a comin' and I was just informed of somethin'

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I caught one and I'm happy as hell. He's not gut shot (corn) and he dropped in his tracks. Sorry for the bad pic, but that's what you get when you hunt alone.

jlane

dunn nc
Testicals, oh hell yeah, sombody got it done. congrats to the hunter.
Antlers, horns, bone, something!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
We all dream of big bucks and sometimes we get one and sometimes you take the gift that's put in front of you. I've been baiting an area for a month with beets, carrots and corn and the deer had been using it regularly. I had good encounters on Saturday and Sunday evening, but this evening I finally got a buck to come in. I got out of the blind at 5:20 and glassed the field and saw a doe enroute followed by another and then this buck. I was already out of the blind so I quickly sat on a blow down and got ready. He came into the bait first. I got caught up in the size of his rack and hesitated. That's when I realized I'd been given a gift and it was time to pull the fuggin trigger. I'm shooting a Savage ML-11, smokeless muzzleloader. There really isn't a bad shot when you're pushing a Hornady 45 cal pistol bullet at 2300+ feet per second. I went through his neck, chest, heart and out the other side. He dropped and expired very quickly. Blessed? Yes!