Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO dump thread

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Sorry to hear about the problems with the dogs. We've been having issues with our English Bulldog the last few days. Shes puking everything up. Even when all we give her is ice cubes, thinking she is dehydrated. Hoping its nothing big. Shes expensive. Best of luck to you guys.

I also have back pains. Seems like whenever I sleep to long I wake up and my back is killing me. Ive always had back problems since Ive been in the military. Hope you guys get better soon, or they figure out what the issue is.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
How old is Hank?
9.5 years old. Started being a butt hole in the last month or so. A bit odd. Can't think of any changes. It isn't every night. Just happened to be the last 3 in a row.

Hope the back situations get better for you guys. I have an inversion table that has helped me Mike. Might be worth trying (if the doctor gives the nod.)

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Same thing here bud. Last year I finally got checked out cause , I would have these spates two weeks or so at a time that was unbearable could stand sit nothing just pain. Then my legs started going numb on top of that. Felt like I was losing muscle mass in my legs weird.So I got checked up and was told bulging degenerative herniated discs.

Long story short the chiropractor put me on the decompression machine for about two seconds it seemed,and I hit the release button. Blood pressure shot up to 195. That was the last time I went there. He wanted to see me two times a day etc. I just couldn't do it.

Anyhow my lower back doesn't hurt as bad as what my legs bother me. They go knumb and sometimes when I wake up and stand up in like the first five minutes, it feels like I've walked 50 miles, or my ham string and calves are so tight they feel as hard as a brick. Sorta curious if this happens to you?

Mine is from good ol construction.
Should have listened to those old guys when I was younger, about what I thought were their fake pains. When I never had a pain one. They weren't lying. Lol 😝

I ruptured a disc about 12 years ago and I haven't been the same. I did therapy for it and that helped a little but what works for me is working out. If I get lazy and don't work out my back starts to hurt, my calves and hamstrings are like concrete and there is no give in them. I use 35lb dumb bells to pull me down just so I can touch my toes. Take a week off from that and I can barely get my hands past my knees! My hammy's so damn tight all the time I always am stretching at work or home.....sucks bad when your back hurts bc the rest of your body starts to hurt bc you compensate every movement or position.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Sorry to hear of all this, fellas. Phil I hope you get Hank figured out. Mike, hope you can get your back straightened out! Sorry to hear about Daisy mae, stomper.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
What a shitty day. Had a conference call today at 1pm where I was told that my job is possibly on the chopping block. Won't know for sure for another 30 days. Basically they are reducing the work force and spreading territories out. Ohio and Pa will now be combined to be one area. There are two of us that do the job in this area so it is going to be a fifty fifty chance for me.

Going to be a stressful 30 days of not knowing and potentially longer if my job is cut. Almost 10 years in this job and 20 in the industry and may have to start over.

Hate to hear a lot of the latest news with you guys. Backs are nothing to mess with and sure can shut you down right now so hope everyone heals or at least feels better. Hope Hank settles down soon for you Phil, makes for a long week with even one night like that. Hoping for the best for you Jon.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Damn, sorry to hear that Jon.... Hopefully the other guy has more too worry about.... Fingers crossed for ya man...

Last edited:

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Damn, sorry to hear that Jon.... Hopefully the other guy has more too sorry about.... Fingers crossed for ya man...
They said the will decide based on Experience, Annual Reviews, training, and business needs. I know I have the experience in the bag. My reviews have always been good. Training wise should be pretty equal. It is the business needs that has me worried. I guess we will wait and see.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They said the will decide based on Experience, Annual Reviews, training, and business needs. I know I have the experience in the bag. My reviews have always been good. Training wise should be pretty equal. It is the business needs that has me worried. I guess we will wait and see.

Are you on the same pay scale? Would money be a deciding factor as well?

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I believe we are pretty close pay wise. I may be slightly ahead due to being there a couple years longer. I think it will come down to whether they want the person in Philadelphia or Columbus. That would be the business need I think.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
After getting my bow back from the shop I was re-sighting in my HHA because of a new rest installation and on my 4th shot the string snapped. Scared the fugg out of me. Now I'm taking it back in for new strings and assess any cam damage. I checked the limbs and everything looks fine, so hopefully just needs new strings. Since I sold my old bow to a young hunter, I may look at getting a new one and having a back up. I already got the wifes blessing as she came out after it happened. She said I looked like someone ran over my dog. Not a great time to be fugging around with equipment.

Glad you didn't get hurt with it busting like that!

This has been a stressful week. Tuesday the transmission went in the truck. Thursday I had to drop the car off for repairs and was told up to a week, thank goodness they gave me a loaner. Tomorrow it will have been 1 year since my mom passed.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands

This has been a stressful week. Tuesday the transmission went in the truck. Thursday I had to drop the car off for repairs and was told up to a week, thank goodness they gave me a loaner. Tomorrow it will have been 1 year since my mom passed.

Wow, sorry to hear that brother. My issues are miniscule in comparison. Hope your weekend goes better.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've thought of you several times Chuck. Was wondering how you've been. No need to reply. Just know you are in my thoughts. Just over 3 months since we lost dad. Still plenty of rough days. Not every day. Not the entire day. Just moments. Hang in there buddy. In regards to the vehicles. . . Well that just sucks.

Ohiowhitetails- Dump worthy. May not be massive issues compared to others, but it's still frustrating.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat as far as vehicles go. So last Saturday I thought the fuel pump went out on the Jeep. Through a week of busting bolts and drilling them out and just a bunch of other fuckery. Mike (PSE13) came over with his scanner and from what we can tell the computer is fugged. So now we get to go car shopping.

Here's the biggest kick in the dick part of it all. This next week I was going to pay the $817 to eliminate the last of our debt other than our mortgage. Fugger me running. As soon as you think your getting ahead in the, it just comes along and and dry pops ya with no warning and no ky.

Hey Phil, how's that explorer treating you guys? That's what we've been looking at.