Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thanksgiving 2022

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J, how was the Mayo binder? I stole the idea but used Miracle Whip. Birds came out awesome! Had a little glitch with the Traeger and had to go back to my old smoker for 1.5 hours since the hot rod is going bad (I think). Ordered a new one yesterday so hopefully that is the issue.
We’ll definitely be doing it again that way! Was probably the juiciest one we’ve done so far. Definitely a keeper.
Traeger app was screwing up all day yesterday. Must have been overwhelmed. I need too start saving the recipes somewhere else. Couldn’t get that part of the app too open up. Kept saying failed when trying too access it.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
We’ll definitely be doing it again that way! Was probably the juiciest one we’ve done so far. Definitely a keeper.
Traeger app was screwing up all day yesterday. Must have been overwhelmed. I need too start saving the recipes somewhere else. Couldn’t get that part of the app too open up. Kept saying failed when trying too access it.
When I open the app and find a recipe I like, I’ll do screen shots of all of the steps so a can just swipe the camera roll as needed to follow the instructions….plus I won’t have to try and find it again in 6 months.

I had to go to the actual website yesterday through the browser on my phone. App was all messed up and had to re-login once due to some weird error.

I did smoked deviled eggs, regular deviled eggs, smoked beer cheese and the black pepper smoked cream cheese with cherry topping recipe. Terry’s mom hosted dinner and put on a great spread as usual. The black pepper cream cheese recipe is the real deal, everyone loved it. Made one with black pepper and the other with Meat Church Holy Gospel. Both were incredible.

Big H

Medina
We still haven’t got the app to work right, so I just cook without it. I do something a little different each time anyhow and I always cook to temp with an instant read thermometer, so I probably don’t need the feature anyhow.

i will definitely use the Mayo/MW again, both birds were very juicy. And this was the first time I tried wet brining the turkey overnight. So a couple different things were done and the results were excellent. BTW, the Hi Mountain brine and Game Bird/Poultry seasoning will get used again. I’m going to spatchcock some chickens and use the same recipe in the future.

Reactions: "J" and Big_Holla
1669391909326.png

Yelp…..Yelp…..Yelp……HELP!!

Reactions: Sgt Fury

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J, how was the Mayo binder? I stole the idea but used Miracle Whip. Birds came out awesome! Had a little glitch with the Traeger and had to go back to my old smoker for 1.5 hours since the hot rod is going bad (I think). Ordered a new one yesterday so hopefully that is the issue.
What was the traeger doing that you thought the rod was bad? How old is your traeger?

Big H

Medina
Not quite a year old. We use it a lot. My SIL looked up the issues it was having and that was the first thing that came up. I got a low temperature warning and it wouldn’t stay at temp. I switched to my smoke hollow and cleaned the fire pot on the Traeger and it worked better, but still wasn’t right. I was able to finish the birds on the Traeger but had to set it 25 degrees higher than I wanted to cooked at.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not quite a year old. We use it a lot. My SIL looked up the issues it was having and that was the first thing that came up. I got a low temperature warning and it wouldn’t stay at temp. I switched to my smoke hollow and cleaned the fire pot on the Traeger and it worked better, but still wasn’t right. I was able to finish the birds on the Traeger but had to set it 25 degrees higher than I wanted to cooked at.
Still in warranty isn’t it? I’d call them and let them know and see what their response would be.

Did a quick look and is still under warranty.

https://www.traeger.com/service-warranty