Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #6

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Nice job. Im not gonna contribute a measly jake for our team. Ill be back at it looking for new birds thursday. Plenty of time left and these birds are just now gettin on fire. Mid season should be perfect

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Hope to take one of my kids in the morning, just hope it's better than Wednesday was. I took my mom, and she is waiting for knee surgery so she wears a brace and can't do hills, very limited but we did get to work a bird till about 8 and he quit so we stayed till 1030 and packed it in. Good luck to anyone going this weekend, the weather looks good.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Got the opportunity to spend the day with my Mom. We saw a hen flog a young doe today, Im assuming it got a little to close to her nesting area. We stayed on one property till ten without hearing a single gobble, as soon as we got to the second property we had a bird gobble one time and five minutes later he was standing 10yrds to the left of my mom and she just couldn't get a shot. I plan on scouting a property I haven't been on yet in the morning then I have to work three nites in a row. Good luck to anyone hunting this week.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Went with my buddy this AM and had a bird hammering about 175 yrds down off the ridge. Took an evening stroll in the dark to find out why he hung up. Obviously hens but I found a clearing where I last heard him. I'll be videoing for my buddy. Hope we beat the hens to the punch.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I got up this morning with big hopes of hearing alot of birds on a property I got permission on a few days ago, boy was I dissappointed. First off I got the shit shocked out of me trying to cross a fence @ 540 LOL. I did hear a few birds but they were a country mile away. Working nites thru friday morning so if I go it will just be for a couple of hrs in the mornings.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
I have no idea where my buddies bird was this AM. Yesterday after listening to him hang up, I told him he has hens hes getting down in the bottom. Set up this morning, sure enough. Had hens rasing hell until an owl flew over and was making strange noises. Not a single gobble. Joe hasnt called me back so I'm gonna make a quick morning setup on a piece of ground I havent hunted yet this year.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Sorry guys, I haven't been able to get out yet. Worked last weekend and ever day except one Sunday. However, I have every intention this weekend. Working in Cincinnati this week, but 4-10's, and should be able to hunt Friday and Saturday mornings. Woohoo! Good luck to my fellow team mates.