Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 14 - Silent but Deadly

Good luck guys!! Sure wish I were right there with ya's! Spending the weekend with the wife and family and a few projects I need to finish up here. My buddy is headed down so maybe he will shoot one of the big one's we're after!!

Be Safe!!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Pretty frustrating day for me yesterday. Sometimes I wonder why I bother hunting the early season, because it's always disappointing.
My morning hunt was pretty peaceful until a lady walking started yelling at 9:00 for her dog in the park. She was only a couple of hundred yards from me. "Diiiggggit"! "Diiigggggit"! For like five minutes! Then someone started flying a gas powered model airplane at 10:00. Ugh.
I left at 11 and grabbed lunch and then headed to my property. I walked in and dumped 5 gallons of apples and then proceed to jump two deer bedded near there. I charged my phone and took an hour nap then headed in for a long sit. They stared taking the beans off next door, so that was going on the entire time, then the neighbor decides to cut his grass at prime time. He has one of those mowers that sounds like a helicopter. Gee thanks. I didn't see crap. I think if my water hole actually had water in it, I may have seen something. I'm getting that thing dug out after season.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
We are a chatty bunch. lol

Hunting AM and PM tomorrow. Morning looking for a spoonhead and evening looking for one of the better bucks.

Then someone started flying a gas powered model airplane at 10:00. Ugh.

LOL maybe you were a victim of a PETA drone flying by videoing you in your stand?!?!

Not much going on for me yet still. My buddy made it down to hunt the property and saw only a couple deer, way off in the beans. Hopefully the beans will be off next time down, wishful thinking anyways. Had thought about taking my son out with the x-bow this weekend up here in Mich but we just got told he has a baseball picnic on Saturday that he really wanted to go to. So bout the only time I may get out this weekend would be Saturday morning on the state land down the road.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Good luck all. I'll be back after that buck with an evening hunt tomorrow.

Last weekend was a wasted weekend in Ohio....at a softball tourney!! Well, not really it's always good to watch my daughter play. This weekend is getting her out after something and maybe my son as well. First of November I'll be hard core though and hope to get something going down there in Ohio!!

Well once I measure the 10 pt I killed the other day I'll get the points in and updated. Also will get Allen's done for the youth team once the taxi thaws out his hide to skin it since I let the hide freeze over the antlers. To do list keeps growing.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I still have not seen a buck from stand this year. Tough year for me so far.