Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 14 - Nocked and Loaded

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You are the man!

Sure. "The Man" that might end up regretting this pass later. Lol. If I go without a buck this year though, I am okay with it. So long as I put some meat in the freezer. I am sure I will still enjoy any time in the woods.

Good luck to any of you hitting it this evening. Need to catch up on work, check the schedules and weather forecast and make a game plan for this week.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Well i had 3 does under me tonight and the last 10 mins a small (80") 8 pt walked the dry creek to me and then out into the crp, shortly after he made it into the crp and it got to dark to really see well I heard a deer walking at me and then snap a stick and stop! Finally after 10 mins he walked into the crp, tried making him out with binos but it was dark. Looked like a pretty good frame though.... could of been the big 8 since thats the only deer with a decent frame on the farm but who knows...... Gonna be stuck in N.C. this week for work so next weekend is the next time ill be out.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I again saw nothing. I won't be out anymore before next weekend and am absolutely changing spots. I get tired of watching the same 'ole squirrels play around.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was grumpy this morning. Bumped 4 does not 30yds from the barn. Basically laying under some pines in the yard. Then I bumped a small buck another 100yds in. Finished mt half mile walk to stand. So far I have only seen one doe at close range.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just posted my doe to the contest. Should put us up around 3-4th place area. Not that it matters this early.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Just posted my doe to the contest. Should put us up around 3-4th place area. Not that it matters this early.

Good job Hicks! I will get my doe (eventually) but am only buck hunting for the next month or so. And as for now, I'm not hunting for the next week as I need my partner in crime to be able to drag one out. :smiley_baby:

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
For those of you on facebook check out Nextbuk My buddy Justin that I hunt with is the one with the buck, Its actually a 10 and scored 158", really tight but alot of mass. Another guy from Iowa thats friends of us killed a 180"+ 9 pt! Deers a slammer.... theres a pic on there of it as well. I cant post anything yet until he gets all his promo pics out for Nextbuk and Lone Wolf, so facebook is the best I can do for ya! Cant wait to get back home on friday and start hunting saturday and sunday again. New scrapes and rubs were popping up everywhere before I left so Im stooked to get back.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Finally got to get out and hunt this evening. Saw several does within range, but no bucks. Hey, at least I finally saw some up close and personal!:smiley_coolpeace:

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Had the shot tonight hit a tree found the broke arrow just four inches with the fletch. Never even touched her.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I think I really fugged up. I think I missed my shot on a big buck. I waited forever for him to turn as he had his ass to me and finally turned quarter away and I took the shot at 20 yards.

But when the arrow flew, he didn't hunch or kick or act like he was hit other than to run and circle back the way he had came in. I heard only a few sticks break, then nothing. Dead silence. No more sticks breaking or any crashing sounds.

I waited 15 minutes then got out of there. I didn't even go look for my arrow just in case he was still in the vicinity.

I don't want to call Rick back from his hunt since I think I screwed up. Guess when Rick gets here in about 45 minutes, we can go look for my arrow. Man, I'm sick.........