Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tag in ooos

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Tag in oops.

Shout out to my local WO. I called him today. Got busy shooting the little doe last night,dealing with trespasser, etc. Got home and crashed. Got up today and started working. Sat down at dinner time "Oh crap! I forgot to call in my deer." Text the local WO to ask what to do. I know. I know. "Nobody would ever know. Don't call it in. Or just call it in today as bow kill." Those thoughts crossed my mind. They just didn't sit well with my conscience. What's the worst that could happen? Maybe a fine? My integrity is worth more to me than a fine. So he returned my call. I told him about it. He said "Just call it in. If it throws a red flag I will sign off on it. You called to fess up. You're good."

Just saying, not all game wardens are bad guys. They are reasonable and stuff happens. He said it happens every year several times over. Thankful it is off my conscience. Now if everything in life was this easy. . . .

Bowkills

Nw oh
Tag in oops.

Shout out to my local WO. I called him today. Got busy shooting the little doe last night,dealing with trespasser, etc. Got home and crashed. Got up today and started working. Sat down at dinner time "Oh crap! I forgot to call in my deer." Text the local WO to ask what to do. I know. I know. "Nobody would ever know. Don't call it in. Or just call it in today as bow kill." Those thoughts crossed my mind. They just didn't sit well with my conscience. What's the worst that could happen? Maybe a fine? My integrity is worth more to me than a fine. So he returned my call. I told him about it. He said "Just call it in. If it throws a red flag I will sign off on it. You called to fess up. You're good."

Just saying, not all game wardens are bad guys. They are reasonable and stuff happens. He said it happens every year several times over. Thankful it is off my conscience. Now if everything in life was this easy. . . .
glad he was cool about it. I remember about screwing up on this in the past thinking I had 24hrs to check from time of kill not noon the next day.....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The shift to noon caught me the first or second year of Telecheck. It's easier to forget than needing to go to the check station IMO. Your situation is worth the call since it was a gun kill. Mine was a bow and I tagged it in the evening of that day, less than 24 hours after the kill, but after the deadline. They got their stat and it doesn't skew anything short of knowing how many deer were killed on Saturday vs. Sunday of that particular weekend of bow season.

Reactions: hickslawns