Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strouds - Fall 2014 TOO Outing - October 10-12

What weekend for Strouds?

• October 4-5

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • October 11-12

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • October 18-19

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Doesn't Matter to Me

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I didn't vote because it doesn't really matter to me, but I do work the weekend of the 4th, and have the following two off. I won't be hunting, just hanging out in camp, so it doesn't matter to me whatever works best for everyone else.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Wanted to dig this up and throw out this idea. Anyone interested in moving the fall outing to Woodbury? That would let the summer shoot double as a scouting trip. Just a thought to toss around.

I'd rather hit Strouds because its close and convenient. However Woodbury would be fun too.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Wanted to dig this up and throw out this idea. Anyone interested in moving the fall outing to Woodbury? That would let the summer shoot double as a scouting trip. Just a thought to toss around.

I'd rather hit Strouds because its close and convenient. However Woodbury would be fun too.
My only concern would be that the campground would be overrun with people that weekend and we wouldn't be able to set up camp. Are there other primitive camps there other than the one we were at last year?

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Scouting? How much scouting gonna get done ?? And how relevant would it be?

I'll go either place, but Strouds needs a third round to cement it as a tradition, IMHO

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The camping area is better at Strouds I think. Fall outing seems to get more TOO members then the summer and with Strouds we have more area to spread out if need be. Strouds is a little more of a drive for me but I can go just about anywhere and not see or kill a deer lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I say leave it at strouds for the fall hunt and woodburry for the shoot. I like the spread out area and ease of location for strouds.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Note the initial posts for details. We are a go for Fri-Sun October 10-12 at Strouds. This is the antlerless muzzleloader season. See you fuggers there.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Hoping to make it again, won't know for a few more weeks. Going to squirrel hunt this one unless someone gives me a darn good reason to deer hunt.