Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

State of Ohio can kiss my...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The cutoff is $55,000 a year with 2 dependents. Anything less and they have a zero tax liability..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The cutoff is $55,000 a year with 2 dependents. Anything less and they have a zero tax liability..

I am not sure if that is right Joe. I was thinking family of 4 under $45k and you have zero liabilities. Still though, this is ridiculous! Let's see here, you have 2 kids, are married, have 2 vehicles, own your own home, have cable TV, internet, 2 cell phones, at least one computer. . . yep, you are poor. You shouldn't have to pay taxes. You are at the poverty line. Screw that! It is crap like this which makes me want to seek out my inner loser and not make any money. I could probably spend a bit more money on my accountant and visit them monthly in order to fall into this category. There is simply a sense of pride I have and I am not going to stoop to these levels. Bet your ass I will be making different purchases in the future though for our businesses which will help reduce our tax liabilities. Initially I wanted to be debt free. Not as much so anymore. Why drive a 10yr old truck to save a payment when every penny you have saved in vehicle payments goes to increased repairs/maintenance and every penny above the repairs goes to paying more taxes because you chose to do something "fiscally responsible"? Our government does NOT want us to make wise decisions. They want us to be dependent upon them.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I am not sure if that is right Joe. I was thinking family of 4 under $45k and you have zero liabilities. Still though, this is ridiculous! Let's see here, you have 2 kids, are married, have 2 vehicles, own your own home, have cable TV, internet, 2 cell phones, at least one computer. . . yep, you are poor. You shouldn't have to pay taxes. You are at the poverty line. Screw that! It is crap like this which makes me want to seek out my inner loser and not make any money. I could probably spend a bit more money on my accountant and visit them monthly in order to fall into this category. There is simply a sense of pride I have and I am not going to stoop to these levels. Bet your ass I will be making different purchases in the future though for our businesses which will help reduce our tax liabilities. Initially I wanted to be debt free. Not as much so anymore. Why drive a 10yr old truck to save a payment when every penny you have saved in vehicle payments goes to increased repairs/maintenance and every penny above the repairs goes to paying more taxes because you chose to do something "fiscally responsible"? Our government does NOT want us to make wise decisions. They want us to be dependent upon them.

Yes a family of 4. I shouldn't have said "dependents" but rather kids. And it's 55 if you consider the color of money. They will still pay taxes, but will get money per kid. Which makes their balance null. Below that they are making money.