Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Squirrel Hunting

BCamp

Dayton
I need to pick one up myself, use it for squirrel and doves that land next to a pond i hunt

I think it will work great and is very accurate and quiet.

All of that sounds like great things to try, has anyone ever tried to put a little smoke on them? It works great for rabbit.

Well the squirrel hunting didn't go great. We saw several squirrels but most were out of range and with the foliage were difficult to see. My son did shoot one that I thought he killed as it folded and fell out of the tree. When we went up though, it was gone.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Im gonna take Moonshine with me Saturday for some squirrel hunt. I want him to get starting. Shotgun oh yeah. Picture will be update once we're done

Cherbie

Got my first squirrel of the season this morning. Fairly long shot through some leaves. Squirrel kept running. Sat under the tree a few minutes to see if he would appear and he dropped out of the branches close by. Good to be outside.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Got my first squirrel of the season this morning. Fairly long shot through some leaves. Squirrel kept running. Sat under the tree a few minutes to see if he would appear and he dropped out of the branches close by. Good to be outside.

Nice job. I cant wait to go out.

daleeman

Dayton
Went out this morning with the dog, never saw a one, but worth the time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 159
Lacey has developed this odd habit of pointing squirrels and waiting for them to move before going to treenlistment or chasing them. I need to find another population of huntable eastern greys or eastern foxes. We are both is really to do some hunting. I need to buy a pellet rifle to do away with the squirrels around the house lacey cur is driving me nuts chasing and treeing them.

The stupid bandana is my wife's doing.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
IMG_0417[1].jpg
Decided to try and do a little scouting on a new property and took the old 20gauge single along, had a great walk and brought home some biscuit and gravy makers. I forgot how fun this was.