Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Some New and old bucks.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Still hanging around.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hoping to get a text this year of a success story on one of them!

I'm hoping to give that one on the right another year. He's a hell of a buck but I have confidence he can make it. That wide 10 has been around for about 4+ years now. The wide one is my target for now. He should be about 6 years old now and is on his way down. He didn't grow like I thought he would from 3-4 or 4-5 or 5-6. He actually looked better as a 4 year old. But he's still a hell of a deer for the wall, don;t se them that wide often.

Here is another one I hope makes it this year. He's got a shot at booner. Nice young buck with an awesome rack.

If I'm fortunate enough I might get that wide one mounted like this. lmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
18" ear tip to ear tip so I would have guessed 20"-21" and 22" max

Glad to know I would have at least been in the ballpark lol.

Ron and I always have gone with 16" for the ear tip to ear tip as a benchmark when trying to estimate inside spread. I'm sure there are exceptions as well but with many discussions with our taxi(Derry) over the years this is pretty much the average number of inches...IMHO.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ron and I always have gone with 16" for the ear tip to ear tip as a benchmark when trying to estimate inside spread. I'm sure there are exceptions as well but with many discussions with our taxi(Derry) over the years this is pretty much the average number of inches...IMHO.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377547883.747618.jpg