Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

So who is hunting turkey day?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have too many places to be running around to be hunting on Thanksgiving Day. The wife and I both come from divorced families, so essentially we have twice as many dinners to try to attend... It's nice to see family, but holidays are a major PITA for us. It's a shame, too, because my family used to have a traditional rabbit hunt every year on Thanksgiving morning... but times have changed, people have gotten busy, and that just sort of dissolved.

I'm going to try and hunt on Friday morning, but not for deer. One of my good buddies will be home from law school and we're gonna try to whack some ducks and geese.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Gonna catch up on some family time! I loved going wabbit hunting with family on t-day mornings years ago then one day I started bowhunting and that fizzled out. I love this time of the year!

Y'all have a safe and great Thanksgiving Day by the way!:smiley_coolpeace:

for the last 10 years i have taken the beagle dog out and hunted rabbits . it is the only day i would shoot rabbits on the farm , enjoyed listning to her run them to much . since my dog died last summer i dont know what i will do .

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
for the last 10 years i have taken the beagle dog out and hunted rabbits . it is the only day i would shoot rabbits on the farm , enjoyed listning to her run them to much . since my dog died last summer i dont know what i will do .

sorry bout your dog.
its sad when a tradition like that ends.

Last edited:
We are not doing the turkey thing till sunday..Since Sunday is a hunt day for me,I feel that entitles me to a P.M hunt on turkey day..

:smiley_badmood:Guess I was wrong:smiley_depressive:!!I wont be hunting tomorrow..:(And I have been elected to throw a dinner together for Sunday:smiley_chinrub: Somebody better be supplying the 5th of wood-ford reserve:smiley_champagne:..I know that much:pickle:

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I'm going out with my buddy in the morning. Hoping to get good video on my cell phone of him killing a nice 160...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Hoot, go get another.... Too much enjoyment while hunting them and just running them not too.....

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Never fails, I get up , get the smoker going :smiley_bbq:, get the bird ready, and my meat thermometer is missing. The themometer on the grill is busted so I stick a meat themometer in next to it to maintain 225 degrees. And I also need it to make sure the bird is done. Hope walmart is open.

On a bright note, I sat down to watch the news and monica day is filling in for mikaela on channel 4, I love monica, she make me "smile":smiley_crush:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No bunnies today, although we had two up and running. It was still a good time watching the dogs work.
Ol' Daisy is whipped.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322157949.120117.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322157907.912969.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322157886.549658.jpg