Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

So... Um yeah..

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
I jumped off of here last year out of nowhere when I was in a bad head. First off I'll man up an apologize for that , got some issues here and there an make rash decisions during those times. Guess you could call it a vet thing to a point not to blame it on something but my point is I felt like an idiot afterwards and stayed off since. Been lurking throughout the year and season and truth is I miss communicating with fellow Ohio hunters especially this crowd. I've stayed silent through my season but figured why the heck not for anyone that cares my season started off great . Good pics of multiple deer for once at my good friends place . We had fun setting up a new blind for him and cutting lanes and checking cams and such . After a few times on stand and passing one of the bucks I wanted to kill I held out for one of the two that weren't daylighting . I took off all last week to hunt and got it done Monday morning. It started off slow seeing one buck cruising and a coyote shortly after . Then around 9 I had two doe come in on the ridge next to me . Following behind just on the other side of the ridge I see tines sticking up going back and forth . Finally he came on my side of the ridge for a split second at 45 yards and went right back behind the ridge. The first doe came and bedded 25 yards from me in the brush . He came up but stayed in the thick brush and stared at her for what seemed forever. Finally he turned to head towards the other doe which would've brought him in for a 25 yard shot . As my luck would have it she must've sensed what was on his mind and she took off over the back side of the ridge and my heart sunk. He was in really thick brush and was hoping he would come out in the opening at 35 yards just enough to get a shot. As soon as he stepped into a very small clearing in the Russian olives he went to turn to go over the ridge to follow her but I already was aiming and let her fly as soon as he turned and snuck it in right behind his shoulder through his heart and out the other armpit. I'll attach some pictures he's a main frame 12 with two kickers coming off his front brows just over an inch . I've been following along you guys have been killing some dandy's! Best of luck to you that are still at it!. I might go out this weekend and try to get a doe in the freezer . Sorry for the long post fellas.
KIMG2514.JPG
KIMG2517.JPG
KIMG2516.JPG
KIMG2529.JPG
KIMG2541.JPG
KIMG2537_02_BURST1002537.JPG