Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shooting my recurve

Gordo

Athens County
Nice!

I finally threw down $50 and got a quiver that attaches to my bow a couple weeks back. It really gave my bow a better feel in terms of 'balance'.

Also need to add the 'beaver balls' but going to wait to do that till season is over

I need to put new material on my shelf as what I'm rolling with now is damn near worn out. What are you using for that Brian?

Also been meaning to ask you what your set up is for puttting your arrows together. Mainly what kind of jig your using for fletching and also where your getting your wraps from and what you need to do that?

I want to just order the shafts and then put together the rest of the arrow on my own. Need a list of what I need to do that.

That a bear grizzly you shooting john? 50lb'er?

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gordo i just use a Bohning jig,really need to get a Bitzenberger jig they r nice.
Also get my wraps from Onestringer.com. They have all kinds of trad wraps and colors.
Wrap ya some 100% wool yarn on your string by your string grooves.Helps to quiet it down.
3Rivers Archery has a good selection of feathers also.

Last edited:

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Finally seems like the string is streched out where it wants to be,ended up setting the Brace Height at 8.75,this bow just seems to shoot best there.
Shot some inside at 10 yds and got it shooting good so moved back to 15yds and shot several rounds.
Pretty happy with how it is doing.
I believe John is coming down to shoot outside with me tomorrow.
Will shoot at some tennis balls out of the treestand.
Gonna hunt Thursday-Saturday.

Attachments

• 0124171507.jpg
    0124171507.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 0124171513.jpg
    0124171513.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 0124171513d.jpg
    0124171513d.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 102

Gordo

Athens County
What are you using as the material on your shelf/rest?

Thanks buddy.

Sounds like that bow of yours is shooting smooth! Oh so buttery!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gordo, that looks like a Delta quiver. I used to use them, loved them cause they made my bows look like Fred Asbell's. :) The only issue I ever had with them was that the head would eventually start rotating on it's own... still, great quivers.

Gordo

Athens County
Gordo, that looks like a Delta quiver. I used to use them, loved them cause they made my bows look like Fred Asbell's. :) The only issue I ever had with them was that the head would eventually start rotating on it's own... still, great quivers.

Read up on Asbell after you mentioned him. Name was familiar.

I haven't read a whole lot of instructional stuffabout trad shooting except for random shit here and there. It'd be fun to get a book or two to dive into. Where to start?

That Asbell Wool seems to be good stuff. I think Taylor mentioned that stuff before as being as good as it gets.

I'm due to throw some cheddar down on hunting clothes and I'm looking to go that route when I due. Have been rockin the same clothes for over 10 years. Time for an upgrade