Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Saturday - Day 6

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Looks like a Christmas card Mike!

Good luck to everyone who is out. I just got into stand. Hopefully today is more productive than yesterday.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Here is where I was sitting at about 8:30, after getting permission via text from the landowner who was not hunting. I would have killed a doe, but I jumped them coming in.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
ZJ shot a doe with the crossbow at 4:55.....Got good blood on the arrow.......Gettin the lights and going in after her in a minute. Hopefully we get a pic pretty soon...........

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
ZJ shot a doe with the crossbow at 4:55.....Got good blood on the arrow.......Gettin the lights and going in after her in a minute. Hopefully we get a pic pretty soon...........

Congrats and good luck on the tracking job.... Don't forget too keep the orange on, you never know being out there in the dark.........

saddlepants

central Ohio
Jumped two doe goin back in around 1 after caring for mom at lunch early, shes not doing so good again. Those buggers were right in front of my blind...and I was being so slow and careful....didnt see anything cept fer squirrels the rest of the night. Yall lied to me. Today was worse than day 1 (and thats not sayin much) , lol. Epes been seein some and took a shot at a runnin yote last I heard but he missed and said sumpin about dodging avalanches , LMAO!!

BTW, I wasnt going to the blind - maybe I shoulda went there instead and stayed all day?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Darndest thing I've ever seen.....Arrow Coated from end to end and no blood in first 20-30 yards.......Light started dying and was in doubt....So Backed out and will try again in the morning after a short hunt..........Thought we had one for sure.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Darndest thing I've ever seen.....Arrow Coated from end to end and no blood in first 20-30 yards.......Light started dying and was in doubt....So Backed out and will try again in the morning after a short hunt..........Thought we had one for sure.

High hit cavity filling up? Or a chunk of fat filled the wound on sealed it up?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ended up seeing one small buck at around 60yds and a couple yearlings about 100-120yds the last two hours. I heard one shot which sounded to be on our property but did not go looking for them with 30min shooting light left. Frustrating. I did at least get a shot at a coyote. Now I am getting ready to drop her at the taxidermists here shortly. Looking forward to seeing how Mike at Whitetail Specialties does with her. Big female I carved a canoe out of.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Just looked at arrow better.....Good blood but have some brown looking chunks on the fletchings....Believe we angled back through.....Think I got it on my action cam but the boy wants Subway first..........Lost his boot going in.............I looked down and said where's your boot Z ? He said I don't know.....Back there somewhere......Sock soaked with mud..............Found it 30 yards up the trail...LOL.....Never a dull moment.....Ya'll ought to try this once.......You will find patience you thought never existed....At least he had a good time... May be his second miss ever ...Off to Subway and then to the video to try and figure this out.........Hopeing to not be Embracing the Suck!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Just looked at arrow better.....Good blood but have some brown looking chunks on the fletchings....Believe we angled back through.....Think I got it on my action cam but the boy wants Subway first..........Lost his boot going in.............I looked down and said where's your boot Z ? He said I don't know.....Back there somewhere......Sock soaked with mud..............Found it 30 yards up the trail...LOL.....Never a dull moment.....Ya'll ought to try this once.......You will find patience you thought never existed....At least he had a good time... May be his second miss ever ...Off to Subway and then to the video to try and figure this out.........Hopeing to not be Embracing the Suck!

Here's hoping you don't Brother :smiley_clap:

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Skunked again here. I know alphamax got skunked this morning. Only shot I heard was at about 5:15.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
One of my son's buddies dropped a button buck this afternoon on the last push for the day.... 80 yard shot from a treestand on the property that they have permission too hunt.... He thought it was a doe and ended up being a button buck..... Nice shot and dropped him in his tracks.....