Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

SA Hellcat Pro - Trigger Bounceback?

I have a Springfield Armory Hellcat Pro, in 9mm. When firing it, the trigger seems to have some "bounceback". It's the same sensation as a cracked baseball bat, that buzzes your hands, this trigger buzzes your index finger. o_O
I realize this isn't intended to be a range gun for target practice. Just the same, I don't enjoy shooting it, despite the excellent accuracy it produces.

Is this something that a gunsmith can adjust/fix?
....or a possible break-in period? (it has less than 50 rds. thru it)
....or is this a normal function for a Hellcat Pro? :unsure:
Hellcat Pro B.jpg

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
I TOO have a hellcat and noticed that the trigger was quite different throughout its first several boxes of ammo. Had mine for a little over a year I believe now and the trigger has definitely gotten better. Keep shooting it! Should get a bit better with a little wear.

Reactions: Bowhunter57
I TOO have a hellcat and noticed that the trigger was quite different throughout its first several boxes of ammo. Had mine for a little over a year I believe now and the trigger has definitely gotten better. Keep shooting it! Should get a bit better with a little wear.
Thanks! :) I'll make a range day and burn a couple of boxes of ammo through it. Clean it mid way thru, oil it up again and run the second box thru it. 💯
I intend on keeping it, as I like how it handles, has good accuracy and is easy to reload in competition shoots. I had an M&P that I loved how it shot, but the magazine was part of the grip and when doing a quick reload it was pretty easy to get pinched when running a reload magazine. :mad: My only option was to go with a full size M&P or the compact Hellcat Pro. Even the standard Hellcat has the mag as part of the grip. :unsure: