Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Permission slip question.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
My guess is 60% of hunters do not have written permission.

If its so important, why hasn't Pennsylvania required it in writing, that state has a law for everything.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

If its so important, why hasn't Pennsylvania required it in writing, that state has a law for everything.

Most of us aren't in PA but worry about Ohio law.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Well, if any of you want to come hunt Crawford County without a slip go right ahead. I can tell you the GW here will not play around with you. He will write tickets first and let you deal with the courts.

themedic

OHIO

I agree with this statement. But every hunter should get written permission because
A) it's the law
B) it helps clear any confusion between the landowner and hunter.....written permission is not as easy to get as second hand word of mouth permission that it too common

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
If a landowner doesn't want to give written permission I usually fill out slip and write Verbal permission given by ( landowners name ) and include the date .

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I add the phone number as well, especially their cell if they have one. Where our duck blind is, the owner doesn't like to sign slips. He'd rather someone call him direct if there's an issue. I've never met him in person, but he likes to talk oil and gas with me, so we always have good talks when I call. I have no doubt he'd help me in a pinch.

About the only thing I hunt on other folks land is groundhogs. If I can't get written permission I don't hunt. I've got a ton of slips that were made out Until Further Notice instead of daily or annually. All have the landowners phone number if a problem ever arises. Some of these are dated over 10 years ago. I've never been checked for written permission ever. Probably because the wardens are busy with fishermen when I'm hunting groundhogs.