Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Order your muzzle loading supplies now

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I recall having issues finding supplies last year. Shopping online is the option for me. Walmart and Meijer don't carry much anymore. The local Dunham's Sporting Goods has a nice ammo section and gun selection. I looked online and they don't have any Triple 7.

Had some Cabela's gift cards and a lot of Cabela's Bucks. Put in an order for 209 primers and Triple 7. $24 hazardous shipping charge. Ouch. As a bonus though they are offering a 15% discount on Mondays for a short time. That helped a little. Even so, 2 boxes of bullets (on sale for $20/box), Triple 7 is $40 now (should have used some bore butter before I placed my order), and primers were salty as well. No money out of pocket due to gift cards and points but it still sucks. Over $100 with everything just to be able to shoot the muzzle loader more.

Start now if you're looking for supplies. I suspect they will become scarce again closer to the season.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I’m good on muzzle loader accessories for the foreseeable future.
But if I see anything on a good enough discount, I’ll pick it up.

Reactions: Big H

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I recall having issues finding supplies last year. Shopping online is the option for me. Walmart and Meijer don't carry much anymore. The local Dunham's Sporting Goods has a nice ammo section and gun selection. I looked online and they don't have any Triple 7.

Had some Cabela's gift cards and a lot of Cabela's Bucks. Put in an order for 209 primers and Triple 7. $24 hazardous shipping charge. Ouch. As a bonus though they are offering a 15% discount on Mondays for a short time. That helped a little. Even so, 2 boxes of bullets (on sale for $20/box), Triple 7 is $40 now (should have used some bore butter before I placed my order), and primers were salty as well. No money out of pocket due to gift cards and points but it still sucks. Over $100 with everything just to be able to shoot the muzzle loader more.

Start now if you're looking for supplies. I suspect they will become scarce again closer to the season.
I suggest you vacuum seal your extra triple 7 or at least store it in sealed bags. It will pull moisture out of the air and then it's not as good.

Reactions: hickslawns