Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Turkeys - Spring 24

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This turkey hunt was sponsored by @brock ratcliff. All the fun and none of the mess! I'll upload the video and full story later, but here's the gist of it!

1000007803.jpg

1000007807.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm rarely able to roost birds, but I have enough experience on our farm to know where to start most hunts. This morning started like most: owl hoots from the ridge before dropping down to the main intersection of the hollers. Well, we're standing there listening and I'm telling a story about a hunt when a bird hammered off right above our heads in that spot and it wasn't 5 seconds later, a good bird sounded off 40 yards up the hillside from us right on cue! We played cat and mouse with him and his buddy for 2 hours before we bailed. Was a fun morning. We were watching him limb walk when I took this video.

Bigcountry40

Well done, Seth!

We just left AEP 😬 Might as well have been opening day of gun season. Place was packed, mostly Ohio plates with at least 4 Yoder toters in the mix. Between the shrooms, fish, and thunder chickens, it's the place to be apparently.
I thought yoders didn’t messed with turkeys, they had to be there for the fish and shrooms