Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Off to Texas

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Last three days were a blast hanging out with my family... we let Ryan do what he wanted too since he's been told what too do the last 8.5 weeks lol.... we did some sight seeing had some good meals and he watched sports center a lot too catch up on things lol... he hasn't seen TV since he left and missed out on the super bowl so he was just as happy laying around BS'ng and catching up on homefront news... tonight I took him back too the barracks for his last night sleeping there and he's off too fort Lee VA in the morning.... he looks so different now and has a confidence I haven't seen in him before.... I watched a man walk away from me tonight standing tall with a swagger I hadn't ever seen before.... I'm a very proud parent as I write this... now if I can just get the wife too stop crying lol.... but why bother because she'll just be starting again in the morning when we say good bye to our daughter Kayla at the airport..... the kids ha e been showing lots of maturity in the last year and I told the wife we should be very satisfied with this and in between sobs she agreed lol...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That was awesome to read J! Amazing what a difference 8-10wks can make on the life of a young man!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The wife downloaded all the pictures that she had taken, here are some of them..... First up Andrea (my Wife) and Ryan.... Tears were flowing most of the weekend for her lol...

Add my daughter Kayla too the mix.....

Ryan and his friend Shay Lynn, still haven't got those two figured out yet.... But when I do I'll pass it a long lol....

Add the old man too the picture.... lol....

One for the plane buffs.... SR-71.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The river walk in San Antonio....

Kayla and Shay.....

Ryan and Shay, she out ranks him which I find hilarious rotflmao....

Ryan and Kayla.....

Me showing off my Hoody :smiley_coolpeace:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Nice J!! looks like a nice town. Good lookin family ya got. Shay would be a nice addition:smiley_bril:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I do believe you've never introduced me to your daughter...

And I don't see that happening any time soon either rotflmao I'd hate too have too knee cap you Huck :smiley_clap:

Thanks Milo.... She's a very level headed down too earth girl.... I wouldn't mind her added too the family as well.... But knowing my Son I don't see marriage in his future anytime soon :smiley_crocodile:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
And I don't see that happening any time soon either rotflmao I'd hate too have too knee cap you Huck :smiley_clap:

Thanks Milo.... She's a very level headed down too earth girl.... I wouldn't mind her added too the family as well.... But knowing my Son I don't see marriage in his future anytime soon :smiley_crocodile:
Even air force ground guys gotta practice J....:pickle:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This is a great read, don't know how I missed it! Hope you have a continued great trip with your family J. Great family pics and ones to be proud of. Thank you and your son for serving our great country. Have a save trip home.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
This is a great read, don't know how I missed it! Hope you have a continued great trip with your family J. Great family pics and ones to be proud of. Thank you and your son for serving our great country. Have a save trip home.

Thanks Ric, and we're home already and Ryans in VA @ Ft Lee starts school in a little over a week....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very nice pics. Looks like it was truly "quality family time". Everyone shows up and supports your son. How much better can it get? Families like this are missing from the picture in our country nowadays. I think that is part of our problem. Dannmann said it best. "This thread makes me smile."

On a side note- the hoodie looks great in red. Maybe I screwed up buying a black one.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Great stuff J! How tall is the daughter? About 4' 9"! :smiley_crocodile:

According too my daughter 4' 11 1/2" hahaha
She'll be 20 in April so I think she's about as tall as she's going too get....but don't let her shortness skew the fact that she's a pistol and has a hair trigger too go along with it lol....

Phil I went with the scarlet and gray look lol....

Last edited: