Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Not the way it was supposed to end!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for the vid Greg. Definitely a nice buck with lots of typical points but with his head down its hard to be certain. Playing the odds of how many bucks in that area having that characteristic though would lead me to the same conclusion.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Thanks for the vid Greg. Definitely a nice buck with lots of typical points but with his head down its hard to be certain. Playing the odds of how many bucks in that area having that characteristic though would lead me to the same conclusion.

I agree. Tried to compare how the tines look on the beam compared to the one the guy is holding and its hard to tell.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Yea it really sucks that my batteries were dieing just when this video was shot, it was the last one on that card.

Anyway, I am positive this is the same buck.
This is why:
There is a small kicker off the right G4
There is a bump right under the left g5 on the main beam
Both G2's have less mass
The right G3 stands out taller

I also looked at the space between the tines and the curvature of the rack.

It's the same buck. my video is a little more clear than the youtube upload. I've looked at it dozens of times to compare and that's the conclussion I've come to.

Oh well, we left a couple more nice ones there. Maybe next year!

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Lol......yea, if only there were an ass load of does. We were seeing 4 bucks to every doe. We didn't shoot any does this year, took 3 coyotes with the bows and will be snaring very soon to try to help those numbers.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I heard this deer was shot right by my house! Got a text saying it may be getting taken away. The woods it was killed in has a fenceline down the middle, once side county and one side city. Rumor has it he shot it on the city side which allows no hunting. If this is true then he will lose it, I know they were investigating it last I heard.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Yea everything got zoned different after the school got built. Ill try to find the video of him from a few years ago. I know the Eskers have a piece that butts up to zwayer that they lease every year but its bow only. Now with the rule change hilliard allows NO hunting at all anymore, including bow so it killed alot of good spots.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Yep, I'm thankful a good friend of mine owns land right in there and he said he will NOT let them annex him. If they ever try eminent domain he said he'd sell out. I am very grateful to him. At least I still have a couple of decent spots...for now. With 4 of us bowhunting it gets a little tight at times :smiley_armscrossed: