Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Night Vision Monocular link

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just went to the store in Columbus but of course they are out of stock. I guess they only had 6 at the store when they went on sale and all was sold the 1st day. I was however able to purchase one at the sale price but it's on backorder so who knows how long it will take to get it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This thread has been festering in the back of my mind. Last night I was watching Foxpro Fur Takers and there were several commercials for different night vision optics. Then in the mail today I get a Cabelas Optics flyer. Naturally, I was drawn to the night vision scopes and such. Holy balls! Some of those things are like $7000! Looked like most were $450 and up. That was enough to let me know I did NOT need to start shopping. It is a slippery slope. You start with a $100 budget but think "I could get a little better one for $200. But then if i am dropping $200 on this one, I may as well get the really good one for $300." Next thing you know there is a $1500 scope in a box on your porch. lmao

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It could get crazy quick if you don't stay focused and dead set on making the 1 purchase you set out on. There is always going to be something BETTER out there no matter what your shopping for. Stick to your set purchase and set budget make the purchase and never look back. That's why we put so much time in researching before we buy things and to make sure the things we buy will work for what we are doing. Overthink it and we would all be broke and living in a box under the bridge lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Or Jeeps in Phils case....

Ouch. It's TOO soon brother. lmao Jim is correct though. Working on cars, especially if looking for performance, is also a slippery slope.

Adam- The research is what gets me every time. My eyes are opened up to other options. Being a simple minded person I am drawn to the fancier, prettier, shinier, etc. I have some excellent glass on my coyote rifle. Bought a $900-1000 scope on close out for under $300. Have slowly upgraded lights over the last 5 yrs or so. I have a light I am extremely happy with. As little time as I have to hunt the coyotes, I am done looking at the nigh vision stuff for now. It'd be different if there was a bounty. I'd spend the money on some night vision scope and have a goal to pay for it with bounty checks.