Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Ruger double action K6s revolver 6 shot

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ruger could only dream of building a gun like this.Very nice

My understanding Ruger is driven by the bottom line. Mr Ruger would never permit borrowing money and be in debt. Since his passing I think they have kept the same debt ideas and only improve mfg improvements with cash in the bank.
If the correct profit numbers aren't there they hold off until the numbers for profits are correct.
Insider thinking that the #1 rifle would be dropped as soon as Mr Ruger passed away because of profit limits. But that hasn't happened since his passing.
IMHO

Wmiller07

I think they are stopping production on the #1. Too bad too. I may be younger but I love blue and walnut rifles and shotguns. And that Kimber is a sweet revolver however I think a bit overpriced. If they could get it down to around $600 at the gun store they would have a winner.

Wmiller07

I also saw Ruger is chambering the super red hawk in 10mm. I don't understand why they wouldn't have put it in the gp100 instead.

They will hit the selves at 750-800 maybe less after the hype wears off. They are priced the same as s&w 66-8 3 inch barrel k frames. The 3 inch 66 is the same size and 6 round capacity as the kimber.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-66-combat-magnum

The rugers are investment cast frames vs machined like kimber and smith. Which is why they are less expensive and a little thicker. Ruger is after a differnet market segment.