Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Never to early.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Just got home from the hospital and done with a plumbing job the wife tried too fix..... My guy's been admitted and looks like he had a mild heart attack, the enzimes in the blood show he had one won't know how severe until they do the heart cath...... He seems fine, bitching about being hungry so he's normal lol.....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry to hear this about your coworker Joe. Prayer go out to his family. You just never know but it can be detected if you get checked out. Thanks for the heads up.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's nothing to mess with. My dad had a heart attack at 49 and died at 62. At 52 I demanded a complete heart checkup due to family history. Everything was OK but 6 months later I'm in the hospital having openheart surgury. That was 16 yrs ago then another openheart surgery 8 yrs ago.
Runs in the family. Since then I lost a sister and brother due to heart problems. Also have 2 brothers and myself being treated for heart problems.
Frank

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Sorry to hear that news Joe.

My Dad died of a massive attack at 50. The day before we had the whole family out boating and had a great time, the next day he woke up and it was over. Never knew he had a problem.

Sorry to hear about your co-worker, Jackalope. :smiley_depressive: We have no promise of tomorrow.

A guy I work with is only 26, but he smokes and drinks like he's going to live forever. He shows signs of ill health issues already, but can't seem to quit. It's amazing, to me, the amount of smokers that say, "you gotta die from something", as an excuse to keep smoking. I wouldn't want to die from anything that's on the warning label, on a pack of cigs. :smiley_chinrub:

Bowhunter57

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Man, I'm sorry to hear about that.

This sort of thing runs though my head from time to time. My Dad's side of the family is plagued with heart issues. Both Grandparents on his side died in their 60's. My Dad passed when he was 58. My Dad's younger brother just had a stint put in last year. Yet my Dad's twin brother is the pinnacle of health.

I get checked once a year, and had a heart scan about 5 years ago. Probably getting another one in the next few years just to stay up on things. I appreciate life and the gift it is, and I want to be around to be a Grandpa someday. I work way too hard not to be able to live to see retirement.