Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My Niece's Buck

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
My niece Tera shot this buck two nights ago. Double lunged it at 30 yards. She got him from a stand that Dad and I hung about 15 years ago. She is obsessed with Deer hunting and has maintained that stand site for the last 5 years. Really proud of her
It's a big 8 that she has on trail cam. I believe it has a split brow as well. They green scored him at 142"

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
FRIGGIN LOVE IT!!! Congrats to her!!!:smiley_clap:

That's a dandy of an 8!

Ryan, see if you can get her to relay how her hunt went down so you can share it with us! I'd like for Karissa to read it! Don't worry if you can't, just cool to see other young women getting hooked!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
FRIGGIN LOVE IT!!! Congrats to her!!!:smiley_clap:

That's a dandy of an 8!

Ryan, see if you can get her to relay how her hunt went down so you can share it with us! I'd like for Karissa to read it! Don't worry if you can't, just cool to see other young women getting hooked!

She got in stand around 3pm. It sets in a huge cottonwood tree over the edge of a cut corn field. The whole property we are permissed to hunt is only 6 acres. But its so thick you cant penetrate it. It's the end of a 1/2 mile long "finger" with several ponds in it. The other end is heavily wooded and off limits to hunters, which we love, as it gives them a sanctuary. Anyhow, a few does entered the corn way down at the other end from the sanctuary around 4pm. Around 4:15 a smaller buck came out harassing one of the Does. A couple minutes later her buck came out the same spot and quickly ran the smaller buck off. Then the buck kept bumping the Doe down her way. It's a scene that repeats itself year after year there. They love to move them down here for breeding for some reason. I believe they went in and out of the thicket all the while getting closer. The buck started really running her harder the closer they got. The last 100 yards both the deer just fed as they walked perfectly broadside into range. I dont believe she even had to stop him. It was a picture perfect shot at 30 yards. The buck piled up after 40 yards. She shot him with a Rage extreme Chisel tip. All my nephews and nieces use them despite my warnings, haha. Shows what I know. She shoots constantly, every day. I believe she shoots an Elite, or PSE. I know one Niece shoots Elite, and the the other one PSE. This is her 4th deer in the last 2 years with her compound. If you remember, last year during Gun season, she got her 1st buck ever. But she actually shot a huge buck from this stand last year but hit it in the liver and looked for 3 days, never finding it. This spring, an owner of one of the other ponds found her buck in it and contacted our landowner buddy. After a week of phone calls back and forth with the DNR, our local GW was able to get her a permit for it. I will have to look for a picture of it to post on here. She also has that one at the taxidermist. It's an impressive buck as well