Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzy Season 2023

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Debating going out this afternoon. Wind isn't great for many of my stands but only 4-6ish mph. I could smoke up and just make the most of it.

Or I stalk my way around....

Last time the wind wasn't ideal a shooter came past the stand i thought about sitting in (and the one I'm thinking of today)

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Just had a great hunt. I decided to drive around this morning to basically scout for evening sit. Seen a small doe eating right under one of my buddy stands. I drove past and parked. Took my sweet ass time stalking back there. I kept glossing, kinda expecting there to be a buck around. I got about 50 yards from my stand and just scanned with binoculars. Finally seen her just outside the brush eating. Scanned some more and seen a brute 8 point with really long brows. He was just staring out at her. I'm sure she's coming into estrus. I watched for 5 minutes trying to get a shot on her. Eventually he seen me trying to move up to next tree. Then we had the 5 minute stare down before he nudged her off. They weren't too scared. Felt good to pull that off. It never woulda happened with a buck tag in my pocket :)

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
We all have our vices🤣
20230110_174259.jpg
20230110_180838.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had to empty my muzzle loader. 16 deer in the field. They went from 500yds to spooked back into the woods. Came out the other side (small chunk of woods maybe 100yds wide). Got to 450, 430, 415. . .had a pair of does walk by in bow range. The others 14 hundreds of yards away. Inlet them pass because they were at 350yds and seemed like they may head towards the two does close to me. Does moved thru. Herd got to 330..under 10min. Get to 5min shooting light and the two does move on an angle towards the herd. Got a clear shot around 80-100yds and took it with 3 minutes to go. Muzzle loader is emptied. Neck and back are still jacked up. My son and my foreman came to save the day and did the loading for me. Feeling very blessed. Still can't believe I shot a doe while my shooter was 350yds away but the other part of me really really really wants to see what he grows into next year. 😁

She will be a good eating doe. Not a yearling but not a monster doe..nice adult sized doe.
PXL_20230111_014208965.jpg