Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mushrooms

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
NW Ohio .....my dad has found around 20 greys and yellows. We found 1 little grey, we left him grow some more . Saw one nice size red fox, we spotted him first and sat still he walked within 50 yards of my dad and I. Looks like he might of had some mange. A mile east of him, we walked with and 20 yards of a fox pup..... only 1 mushroom but at least we got to see some fox and spend some quality time with my dad.... not a bad day!!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I walked around 9 miles today....no shrooms, sheds or turkeys. Stands were all still there though! I also ran into A LOT of deer. Had some I got within 50 yards just walking slowly towards them. Had the .308 with me but no shots on yotes or hogs.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333328677380.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333328677380.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 127

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I still haven't found the first mushroom, but others have been getting decent numbers. One guy that was in last night found 80 yesterday. He's quite a drinker, so I don't know how accurate his count was. :)

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Its still fairly early for them....we need a good rain around here to get them really going....bad thing is ground growth will be to thick to see them.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I found two today. I saw them just before I ran them over with my lawnmower. After finishing up with the yardwork I went to the woods. Didn't find a single mushroom. My woods already has knee high green crap growing everywhere!

mrex

*Supporting member*
We found a hat full yellows on Sunday. We usually find blacks and grays in March however, this is the earliest I have ever found the big yellows in Athens County.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
A buddy that owns a farm just outside of Bainbridge just sent me this... He said there is 130 of them in there. Dang. I gotta find some time tomorrow to get serious.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 122

oakswamper

around Toledo
Mrex thats a nice one..gonna hit it hard tomorrow if I don't get too drunk after I get done (local bar is opening at noon for the tiger mudhen game.. $1.50 buds... and my wife is taking a bunch of tiger fans to the game and meetin me there after lol) I will post some pics