Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mosin-Nagant

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I paid $199. Price went up. They are drying up quickly. Most are coming out of the Ukraine. I read an article that said Russia is going to destroy it's surplus.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well I finally took the plunge and bought one, talked too Mike and started looking around on YouTube as he suggested lol.... Seems like a half a day later I'm pretty versed on the gun and the basics that come along with it.....
Fast forward I found some useful info on the trigger job that looks fairly easy for the average person: And found some decent prices on the ammo as well from the looks of it, so far the best I've found is 440 rounds for 79.00 from http://www.usacsales.com/bulgarian-7-62x54r-440rd-can
I'll be disassembling and cleaning the grease outta of all the nooks and cranny's and buff some of the action too free it up some if needed and just give it a good once over when it's clean and you can see it all better since its so greased up you can't really get a feel for it other then the wood is in really decent shape for a beater gun.....

Looking forward too getting it on the range and put some rounds thru it..... Stay tuned...........

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Congrats again J. Like I said, half the fun is figuring out what you have. I'm working on one right now for a guy's son at work. His has an issue where it fires when you lock the bolt. That'd be from NOT cleaning the bolt group like I told him to. Lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah, most of the videos I've seen put that out there right off the bat.... Like I told you, that's one greased up weapon lol....

Mike have you seen the trigger rework or the 10 shot mag that you can get for them? I emailed the guy too see the cost of it... I'll pass along the info....