Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lumber prices😳

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We are in times when it is difficult to break our hoarder tendencies. I was so thankful I didn't toss the partial sheet of 3/4" OSB I tore out of the house last winter while redoing the bedroom flooring. I have a single axle open trailer that is used a few times a year. It needs a new floor. The one time it was used this summer . . . I slapped the 3/4 OSB over the worst part. Got home and slid the OSB back in the barn for future use.

Sure am glad I have some hoarder in me. 😂

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Our local Blowes and Home Dipshit still have them at almost $7 for a untreated 2x4x8. That's if they had them, 100% out of stock.
$7.45 here currently at Lowe’s, $6.48 at home depot I’m thinking Lowe’s hasn’t updated their pricing on their site this week…. 😂

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Having issues with over extending the clutch. Trying different things to find the right height as a temporary fix. Hated wasting $50 in lumber on the race truck clutch pedal. 😁
PXL_20210715_030224968.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It’s not like Mississippi has a portion of the state called the “pine belt” completely logical that there is a shortage there

On the community FB page last week there was a discussion because Taco Bell, Burger King and Mcdonalds were all out of chicken. Ms is the 4 largest chicken producing state, only being beat by our neighbors in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia and South Carolina. How the F is a restaurant in Ms out of chicken.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
On the community FB page last week there was a discussion because Taco Bell, Burger King and Mcdonalds were all out of chicken. Ms is the 4 largest chicken producing state, only being beat by our neighbors in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia and South Carolina. How the F is a restaurant in Ms out of chicken.
The chicken rund across da road

Geezer II

portage county oh
The company switched its male roosters earlier this year, but ultimately there have been fewer eggs and lower hatch rates. It estimates the problem accounts for about 50% of the shortage issue, according to the New York Post. "We're changing out a [type of] male that, quite frankly, we made a bad decision on," Tyson's chief operating officer and group president of Poultry, Donnie King, said during an analyst call on Monday.

A spokesperson then followed up with CNN and noted that it chose the new type of rooster because of characteristics that could improve offspring chicken's meat quality. Those roosters are now being replaced by the old ones, which is a time-consuming process. CNN says the company has not shared what will happen to the roosters that didn't meet the demand.

Geezer II

portage county oh
The company switched its male roosters earlier this year, but ultimately there have been fewer eggs and lower hatch rates. It estimates the problem accounts for about 50% of the shortage issue, according to the New York Post. "We're changing out a [type of] male that, quite frankly, we made a bad decision on," Tyson's chief operating officer and group president of Poultry, Donnie King, said during an analyst call on Monday.

A spokesperson then followed up with CNN and noted that it chose the new type of rooster because of characteristics that could improve offspring chicken's meat quality. Those roosters are now being replaced by the old ones, which is a time-consuming process. CNN says the company has not shared what will happen to the roosters that didn't meet the demand.
Dam chicken fuckers

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Bottom line they tried too save a few pennies and it cost them big time….

Reactions: Geezer II

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Drove by a mill in MS a couple days ago. There was probably 20x this stacked. The yard was slap full. What I found interesting was the dates on some of the stacks. 3/18/21.

20210730_144754.jpg