Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Looking for 4x4 quad...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Problem with getting one new enough for FI is paying more than the budget allows. Looking to stay under $3,500. Buying a $4,000 trailer next month.

With an enclosed trailer, open trailer and a quad some other things become easier besides work....like waterfowl.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My 400 Rancher had a carb. Jesse is right. They are certainly cold blooded. That said, we used it to plow snow in the winter and it performed just fine. Simply needed to warm it up longer. Plenty of power and we pushed a 60" plow with it on commercial walks. Some of them the entire length of shopping plazas wide enough to fit a truck on. Middle of the night we used a truck or skid steer. Day time foot traffic doesn't always allow. I believe fuel injection began in 2007 ish.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I would suggest going 2007 or newer so you get the 420 fuel injected motor. We have a 2001 350 that is carbureted and its a great bike, but Hondas are notoriously cold nature'd. My 2007 and dads 2011 are fuel injected and it makes it super nice on cold days. Plus the added power is nice. You can get a fuel mapper to boost hp also, which I've done to make food plotting better. IMO, the Rancher line is the best four-wheeler ever made in that particular class of quad.

We have a Bulletin Board that is published every week down here Beener. I can go through it for you. Always a ton of bikes for sale down here.

I have a Bush Hog Ranch Hand with a Honda motor. That damn thing needs choked in 100 degree weather. It surely is a cold starter. Or the gas drains out of the carb.

Diablo54

Outside
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397525860.732563.jpg

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
been i know ryan hes a good guy knows alot about bikes he works at mid ohio Suzuki Yamaha here in town id say its a quad they had at the store. i can have my brother call him about it if he still has it.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
been i know ryan hes a good guy knows alot about bikes he works at mid ohio Suzuki Yamaha here in town id say its a quad they had at the store. i can have my brother call him about it if he still has it.

Already contacted him. Going to see it soon. I would rather pay cash then trade a zero turn for it. I really don't need a zero turn here at my place but it is nice to be done mowing and trimming in under an hour. Lol

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

Looks like it might be gone before I even get the chance. He has someone coming up to look at it tomorrow and I won't have a chance to look at it until Monday.