Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Logo contest

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That's part of the artistic side, I leave it up to the viewer to decide what they see. Sort of a self reflection kind of thing.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dannman- No worries buddy. I am open to ALL suggestions. Great ideas as usual.

Fluteman- I won't lie. You are currently a front runner. I need to go back and look again. Not sure, but if it doesn't have buttons on it's head, you might be out of the running! :smiley_crocodile:

Thanks Wayne/Mike. Great stuff. I like where both of you are going. I need to go find the Hank Parker logo. I realize the names are similar and I DON'T want to infringe any copyright/trademark stuff.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
ANOTHER

I am liking this other than the name blends in with the bark a little too much. Same with the one using leaves. Good stuff!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

That is going to be a tough one to compete with! I am leaning towards the one on the right. Highlights the outtlined letters a bit more and there are similarities to the lettering on our Hicks Lawn Services, LLC logos. Excellent incorporation of the two businesses!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yeah those were probably my two favorites as well so far, Phil.

No picking favorites for me yet Drake. Just my thoughts on the ones out there so far. I don't want to discourage anyone from something different they are working on which might turn out to be "the one." So far, they are all very good and much better than anything I could come up with. Mine would look like Fluteman's minus any artistic ability.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Mine would look like Fluteman's minus any artistic ability.

Phil, sorry for my poor attempt at "artistry," I didn't mean to temporarily derail your thread (well, maybe just a little). I am however pleased to hear you think I have "artistic ability." Maybe I will give it another shot tonight with my box of crayons.

Seriously though, do you have a set idea on what shape you want the logo to be (long banner type, square)? I have a cool idea, but I'm not sure it is what you are looking for.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ok. I don't want to show favorites, but maybe seeing some different ones is helping me narrow it down. I like Wayne's logos, but I think I am honestly liking the more compact designs like the other ones were. Seems they will be a better fit for marketing materials, business cards, etc. We do use some longer logos on our business trucks, but most are on the doors or windows and they are more compact.

Cotty- That is very nice too! We could do a lot with that one. Heck, I can see Christmas tree bulbs being made out of that one! Marketing options are more available with the compact logos I think. Truck window stickers, coffee cups, the list goes on. Probably won't get much past window stickers, business cards, and vinyl graphics on the enclosed trailer, but the option is there.