Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Once again I thought tonight would be the night. Once again I was wrong. We saw a small buck and doe. Mason whined about toting in the HBS ... Pretty sure he would have whined more without it. Cold tonight

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Had deer all over me but they won the battle. Hand froze to the riser... Dam metal risers anyway

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I didn't out tonight. But I can see the whole section of the food plot from my bedroom window. Nothing came into the food plot up till the end of legal light at 6:01. I even watched until 6:15 and nothing came into to feed.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Saw 7 deer total, 3 does and 3 small bucks and 1 nice one but no shot. I am going in the morning with the Crossbow before heading home. Boys both got deer so don't need the meat.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Got out with my buddy Shaun this evening, put him on stand and still hunted too home... Took 2 hours too get 3/4's of the way around it... Bumped a buck but didn't want too take a shitty running shot and let him go... He ran right too Shaun and Shaun put a good hit on him... 40 yards and he piled up... Nothing wall hanger quality but a good size body... Will add some meat too the freezer....
Glad I could be a part of it...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452651134.888929.jpg

Just got home and sitting down for a hot bowl of soup...

Cephas50

Sounds like lots of action! Congrats for all on the success!

I got out at about 4 yesterday. Climbed in the stand and immediately froze solid. Thought about getting right back down but then had 15-18 run in while I was thinking. Problem is they stopped 6 feet on the wrong side of the property line. They hung out for 20 minutes and headed back down the hill. I had multiple shots but they never came on my side of the line. No antlers but I would have been happy to throw a doe in the freezer. I'll have to talk to the neighbors... Great hunt!

Good luck to all who are braving the cold and trying to finish bow season strong!

Bigcountry40

Klay and I got skunked. Bumped 7 doe on the way in, but skunked in our spot.

Proud of him for trying tonight. It was nasty out. Figured after he told me he was frozen 30 minutes in that would be it, but he stuck it out.

Cotty its about time to for baseball practice in the gym. Rubber balls hitting fire alarms and shin guards tearing up the court floor. What a mess those pratices were. lol

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
It's been 6 weeks and 4 days since I've been in a stand. This has been a long time coming and couldn't have come at a better time with all the shit that's been going down.

Spooked one on my way to where I was initially going to sit, but also ran into a flock of turkeys. Didn't spook them and back track all the way back to the inside corner.

Not expecting much but just enjoying the peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.